Rasey, Legg marriage London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasey, Legg marriage London

I am trying to find the parents of Beryl F Rasey born 1920 Willesden, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex. Mothers maiden name was Legg.

I donot have a birth certificate. Can any one help please?

I think you could reasonably eliminate the other counties and leave Willesden as being in Middx - it's a north London area.

On FreeBMD it shows up as 1920q1 Willesden 3a-746. I don't see how you could find a reliable set of parents without the purchase of a birth cert (direct from GRO unless you want to pay at least an arm and a leg!).

Also on FreeBMD, there are a couple of RASEY/LEGG marriages (or potential ones): one in Paddington in 1894q2 (RASEY, Sidney; and one of 3 brides was Adelaide LEGG ~ but 1911 suggests that Sidney's bride was Martha ALLEN); one in Southampton in 1909q2 (RASEY, William John; one of two brides was LEGG Edith Sarah).

It seems likely that the 1909 marriage is of more relevance. There's a William John RASEY, with wife Edith Sarah (b Southampton), married one year, with no children.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-02-11, 17:26.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Many thanks. The last one sounds like it could be the one!

Comment

Where is William John Rasey living? and occupation??

Comment

I think you can find out quite a lot from the various incarnations of the 1911 (The 1911 site, FMP, and GR - and maybe now Ancestry, too), just using the free bits - especially if you have a headstart.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X