Scottish 1911 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish 1911 Census

I have just received the following information. I do not know if it has already been flagged up but in case it hasn't and some people are waiting for it then you have not got much longer to wait!

The Registrar General for Scotland has announced that the 1911 census will be released on www.ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk on Tuesday 5 April 2011.

Janet

And the price of 30 credits rises from £6 to £7 at about the same time - stock up beforehand!!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Thanks Janet, I had got an e-mail about it but hadn't had time to put something on here.

William, just what I am going to do! Still a very good price. So far they don't seem to be putting up the daily search room fee, but that could change. £10 is a real bargain.
      Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

I am surprised no-one has asked why it has been released early!

When the 1911 for England & Wales was released early there was much talk that the Scottish 1911 could not be released until 100 years had past.
        The years are calculated from the end of the year in which the census was taken therefore 100 years is not until 01 January 2012.
        It seems that the 100 year rule did not apply to Scotland after all.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

I did wonder Guy but decided I probably would not get an answer if I asked!

Janet

Comment

Working...
          X