Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland- Is it moving!

Hi,
    I am trying to trace where my 4xG/Gdad came from in Ireland. None of the Census say, only 'Ireland'. However one of his sons Patrick O'Neill got married and the 61 Census says KilKenny??but when one looks at the FMPast Transcript it says 'Roscommon'. They are miles apart aren't they?
    Which would you believe?
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

There are ten O NEILL, Patrick born in Ireland - which is he, please?
    Joy

Comment

There is one age 35 born Tipperary but I haven't seen the one from Roscommon yet.
      Just under 100 miles from Co. Roscommon to Co. Kilkenny.
      Joy

Comment

Roscommon has one of the main General Register Offices, could be that?

Comment

Thanks Bearger for that, that might answer part of the thing.
          Sorry Joy, I really should have given more info.about Patrick. Each Census give a different DoB in Ireland but 1827-30 seems to fit
          51 census has him as Neale!! living at home in Salford Lancs. 61 has him married to Mary in Manchester. on the Transcription it gives him an initial of M but I think they miss read to Census reading the O for an M ( I Think!!) I have tried to follow it up to see what the 71 Census says But! They have disappeared!! The whole family. (I think!)
          Perhaps I should give up this hobby (I think)
          Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

Found him
            Yes, the transcript is Roscommon, but the image is definitely Kilkenny. I would report it to find my past to get it corrected.
            Joy

Comment

You said "one of his sons Patrick O'Neill got married" - do you have his marriage certificate?
              Joy

Comment

Working...
              X