FTM 2006 question about updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 question about updating

At present I have FTM 2006, however it has been some time since I have done any serious research and now want to get back to it.

I was thinking of getting FTM 2011 and starting all over again entering
    information manually from scratch so that I could familiarise myself with all my old information as I go along and checking it.From some of the threads I have read it would seem that once FTM 2011 is installed all the information from FTM 2006 will automatically be transferred to it ,am I right in this assumption.

What I want is to keep FTM 2006 still on my computer so that I can refer to it but have FTM 2011 completely empty,is this possible please.

Hana

Hana yes its possible you dont have to load over the top of 2006 but if I was you I would make a new gedcom and use that new ged with new name for 2011 and keep your old file for 2006 ,,2011 does not do all the things that 2006 does so just be wary
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
      2011 does not do all the things that 2006 does so just be wary
      What sort of thing do you not think it can't do Babs?
      Apart from creating a webpage, I can't think of anything else.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Babs,

I'll get it and have a go,my 2006 has a lot of info on that I have been given by other people ,very distant relatives some quite out to the side that I haven't checked yet,it was somewhere to put the info without losing it in piles of notes and paperwork.I wanted 2011 so that I could start again and nothing was going on till I checked it out.

Hana

Comment

Working...
        X