Need help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please.

Have had a set of photos on Picasa for a long while then suddenly they disappeared. Did a search and found them in My Documents but when I click on the Picasa file it comes up with this:

[Picasa]
    name=Passing Out Parade
    date=38253.410660
    P2category=Folders on Disk
    [encoding]
    utf8=1

and when I click on'Thumbnail' it says Invalid Image.

Can anyone help? Are they still hidden somewhere in the computer|?

Thanks very mych.

Linda

Picassa does NOT save your photos anywhere on your PC, it just makes a reference to them. The photos will be wherever you saved them, and unless you move them, then Picassa will know where to find them.

What's happening to Picasa? Picasa is now retired. (If you speak English, you can read the blog post here.) After Picasa is retired: Picasa should continue to work
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy.

Hopeless with computers. So where do I look? I though I HAD found them but just don't know what do to do to actually see the photos

Linda

Comment

Hi Linda

Not sure which operating System you are using but they all have a Search function.
        If it is Windows click on Start then on Search and type in the name of the picture you are looking for , the result will tell you where it is.
        Make a note of the location then use Explorer to go there.Or just click on the result in the search box.

Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

That is what I do and then the message comes up which I have put in my first post. Can you help any further please? Any help much appreciated

Linda

Comment

I have been googling and that code (utf8=1 ) it says you have either deleted or moved the photos

one of the suggestions is reinstall Picasa and if the photos are on your pc still it will find them?

worth a go

Comment

Well if Search does not find them how is Picasa going to find them ?

It look like you have either deleted or moved them elsewhere as Val said.

Perhaps you need to put your thinking cap on , where did you move them to .

Have you looked in the Trash Can ?

Ken

Comment

Linda and Ken,

I was first introduced to Picasa 1 (now upgraded to Picasa 3) when I used Adobe for the first time and saved them in the wrong format. I then deleted ~Adobe and could not find them anywhere.

I did many searches and could not trace them but Picasa found them and I was able to save them as jpg. and move them to the correct folder. This was years ago but it did work.
                I would uninstall Picasa and reboot and then re-install the programme and it will search your PC - meanwhile keep your fingers and toes crossed. Good Luck.
                Last edited by Margaret N; 26-02-11, 21:54.
                Margaret N
                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                X