Bramford/Bayleham, Suffolk parish register lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Bramford/Bayleham, Suffolk parish register lookup

My Greatx4 Grandfather, William Death, was born "on or about” the 4th April 1788 at Bramford in Sussex, according to an 1808 declaration by his father, Thomas. William himself had “heard and believes he was born at the Parish of Bayleham” according to a declaration of his own from around the same date.

Would anyone be able to check one or other of the parish registers to see which statement is correct...?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by Caroline; 23-02-11, 07:17.

Idiot! Of course, this is 'Suffolk' not Sussex. His wife was born in Sussex. I'm easily confused...

Comment

Originally posted by MrStephen View Post
      Idiot! Of course, this is 'Suffolk' not Sussex. His wife was born in Sussex. I'm easily confused...
      I have changed the title of the thread for you.

Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you Caroline. I was trying to work out how to do that myself but realised it was probably impossible!

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

This gives the 1861 census for William DAEth (?) born Bramford 1788 living in West Derby Lancashire (lodger)

If you go to this page :http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...ookups-Ongoing
          Glenn - Oakam Picker will do a look up in the Ipswich Record office for you when he next visits.

Parish of Bayleham would be Baylham nr Bramford; my family come from there!
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-03-11, 11:43.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for the link, Katarzyna. I've already requested the said search 'tho, and I do hae the 1861 census result. Thanks all the same, though!

Stephen

Comment

Working...
            X