• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Local Eisteddfod history

hi all,
    I am trying to find out information to 'fill out' a family ancestor
    We have been told:
    Owen John Williams (born 1868 Holyhead, Anglesey, Died around 1950- occupation boot/shoe maker/dealer- married to Grace nee Thomas and they had 10 children)
    was know by the bardic name 'owen cybi'
    and also the red cobbler (in welsh "Y CRYDD COCH")

I have searched the National Eisteddfod archive of winners and he does not appear on there and it has been suggested he could of been a local eisteddfod winner-

Does anybody know if records of this would of been kept or how i could find out?
    We are trying to confirm our information and a date/s he won would really help

Thanks
    Gemma

I guess the next place to look would be the relevant local archives

~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I googled that Welsh name, and found http://www.penmon.org/page84.htm - hopefully the contact info for "Bronwen" has reached your inbox safely and not been diverted to Spam? In which case you should have more tree, suddenly?! Or did it end up a bit one-way? Pleasing to be able to help someone, but not actually contributing to your tree.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X