Sad Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Story

Am going sideways in my tree at the moment and found this information out this morning.

I have Elizabeth Lindo marrying a widower more than twice her age in 1858, she says she is 21 but actually she is 18. Anyway she then suffers these losses:

Children dying in 1860, 1866, 1868 her step-daughter in 1860. She then loses her husband in 1867. Leaving her to bring up remaining child aged just 2......

Really felt for her............

Putting the meat on the bones of this tree has given me just as much pleasure as going backwards
    KAREN xx

Oh so sad.
    Like you, I also do a lot of sideways searching as it gives a much broader picture of the family.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I agree, I like sideways searching too. You can come up with lots of extra information.

Poor Elizabeth...what a life!

Linda

Comment

Indeed what a life!!
        KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
        X