• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 inc 6 months Ancestry £23.99

Avenquest are doing this deal for five days only
    Includes the 6 months subscription to Ancestry Essentials collection
    http://www.avanquest.com/UK/software...010_0211_Adhoc

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Trev, amazon have the Platinum edition 2011 for £29.99 including six months premium sub at the mo. Seeing as the 6 months premium sub is worth over £70, its got to be a good buy for those who just want the sub, let alone the program too.

Comment

is the platinum one the world wide Heather ?

Comment

No this one just includes the premium UK Val - Elaine says it works out about £104 for the year, so its still a good saving, if not the amount amazon claim. I may get it just for the sub, I still havent used the bargain world wide one we got last year yet though as my last bargain sub doesnt run out til May, LOL. Ive not paid full whack for about 2 years now. May be worth hanging on to see if avanquest comes up with the world wide offer again as they start advertising the 2012 edition?

Comment

Waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by omskirk View Post
            Waste of money
            Your opinion! I think we all have our favourites and it is probably a case of what you are used to.

I would agree that when they brought out the 2008 version it was very disappointing. FTM 2009 was only a little better, and FTM 2010 much better but not quite as good as FTM 2006.

Having been a staunch supporter of FTM 2006 for many years, I think I can now say that FTM 2011 gives me all that I want, and more.
            Elaine

Comment

I have worldwide and had an email to say it will be £155.40 when it runs out again in March so am hoping to find a cheap deal somewhere as I have FMP too which Tom pays for as I find it handy to have both .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                I have worldwide and had an email to say it will be £155.40 when it runs out again in March so am hoping to find a cheap deal somewhere as I have FMP too which Tom pays for as I find it handy to have both .
                Unless you want to buy the FTM 2011 with a 6 months worldwide subscription (total cost from Amazon £66.96) then I don't think there are any offers around at the moment, Val.
                Your best bet would be a phone call to them, saying you are going to cancel because you can't afford it, and see if they would give you a discount. You can usually negotiate a 20% discount if you get someone "nice" at the other end! 20% discount would bring the cost down to £124.00 for the year.
                Elaine

Comment

vAL, they have the 2011 world wide for £66.96 including 6 months? If you want the 2011 program, its still a saving.

Family Tree Maker 2011 comes World with a FREE 6 Month Worldwide Membership to Ancestry.co.uk

Cant see how ormskirk thinks ancestry is a waste of money? Its been my lifeline since I started all this with the 2005 version May be Ill buy the 2011 then elaine if you think its good. I just carried on using the 2006 and left the new progs in the drawer once I got the free sub activated. Ill hang on a bit longer to see if avanquest give a better deal.
                  Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 23-02-11, 13:16.

Comment

It takes a bit of getting used to Heather because it is totally a different format to the 2006 version ... but I'm getting there and am glad I have finally made the move away from 2006.
                    Elaine

Comment

thanks for that I must say I dont get on well with the 2010 version so not sure I want the 2011 ??? maybe I will ring them

Comment

Oh, well Ive been using ancestry's own tree for about a year now as its so easy to pull information over from various sources into it.

Comment

I love my tree on Ancestry too Heather its so easy to add stuff to it isn't it ?

Comment

Yes, I do worry it may disappear but I do import to the FTM 2006 now and then And its nice to be able to copy photos over from contacts and so on with just a few clicks isnt it and add records so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                              Your opinion! I think we all have our favourites and it is probably a case of what you are used to.

I would agree that when they brought out the 2008 version it was very disappointing. FTM 2009 was only a little better, and FTM 2010 much better but not quite as good as FTM 2006.

Having been a staunch supporter of FTM 2006 for many years, I think I can now say that FTM 2011 gives me all that I want, and more.
                              Sorry, I was referring to the Ancestry bit not FTM

Comment

Originally posted by omskirk View Post
                                Sorry, I was referring to the Ancestry bit not FTM
                                Ooh, in which case I would argue even stronger! :D
                                An invaluable resource if you have English and Welsh ancestry! .. and if you have the worldwide subscription then very useful for resources in other countries.
                                Elaine

Comment

How could ancestry be thought of as a waste of money?

Since they got the London records it must have saved me hundreds of quid alone in not having to buy certificates.

Comment

me too Heather and its so nice to know its the right one without waiting for it to arrive only to find it isn't ?

Comment

Absolute dream when I first saw them Val. Ive added lots Id never have spent £7 to get

Comment

Working...
                                      X