Viewing trees at Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing trees at Ancestry

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so thought I'd start here. Mods, feel free to move this thread as necessary.

Has anyone experienced the same as me when viewing their tree at Ancestry? Over the past few weeks, my tree has been displayed with tiny text and images and I can only restore the correct display by constantly refreshing or switching between Family and Pedigree view. I also get a large gap between the menu bar at the top of the page and my tree. (see attached image.) This gap also appears on other pages at the site, e.g. when looking at Hints. This happens on both my PC and my laptop, so I don't think it's a local issue. I never had problems with their old tree view and haven't changed OS or browser (XP and Firefox.) I've emailed Ancestry, but wanted to check here to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
    Attached Files
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Yes, I had the same problem with the very small fonts. It seems to have resolved itself now - don't ask me how!
    Elaine

Comment

Nice to know it's not just me! Mine hasn't resolved itself though and I do find it pretty annoying to get the problem every time I visit my tree. I just tried it again and I also get a huge gap at the bottom of the page.
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Have you tried clearing cache on your browser - not sure if it will help or not but worth a go.
        Do you get the same result with other browsers. I have a feeling when I had the problem it was only on Firefox - and I think when I used Chrome it was OK.
        I haven't knowingly done anything different, but the problem does seem to have disappeared.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine, but my cache is cleared whenever I close Firefox. Interestingly, I've just tried it using an Add-on I have for Firefox called IETabs, which allows you to render a tab in IE format, and it displays correctly. Must be a problem relating to Firefox, though why it should start now, goodness knows.

Comment

Glad you're sorted.
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X