Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cemetery

Hi

I am looking for a cemetery in London the person lived in Richmond Road S.W.5 and I have been trying to find the most likely cemetery they were buried in they died in 1920

Christine

When you google it gives the Brompton Road cemetary as the closest. It is run by the royal parks and this is the contact details given -

The Royal Parks, Chapel Office, Brompton Cemetery, Fulham Road, London. SW10 9UG
    T. +44 (0)20 7352 1201
    F. +44 (0)20 7352 1201
    bromptoncemetery@royalparks.gsi.gov.uk
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I have tried that one I was hoping there might be another one near by

Christine

Comment

You could ask them Christine which would be the most likely second choice perhaps?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Problem with a death that recent is that any burial would be miles away from central London. Could be as far out as Wimbledon or Richmond. Or by then cremation was becoming more popular. Your best chance is a death notice in a local paper (or even the Times or Daily Telegraph).
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Christine

I don't think there is a Richmond Road in SW5. There are both an Upper Richmond Road and a Lower Richmond Road in Putney, which is SW15.

Putney Vale Cemetery would be the local one for that area.
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi Sue

Richmond road is near Brompton Road and Earls Court and on the death certificate it comes under Chelsea North

Christine

Comment

In which case they really could be buried anywhere in west London, or as I said, cremated. A death notice really is going to be the best lead.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

OK sorry Christine, I stand corrected :o :o I tried to find it online and nothing came up so I assumed it was a mistranscription for SW15.

Slapped wrist for Sue who should know better than to assume :o:o
                  My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Another cemetery could be East Sheen which comes under Richmond upon Thames.This cemetery opened in 1905 and people from south west London are buried there. My family from Fulham are buried there.

Comment

Have you tried Deceased on line? https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch

They have some London cemeteries and often add new ones. Gap Rd, Wimbledon mentioned by UJ is there. Searches are free, you pay for more details.
                      Sue

Comment

Hi everyone

I have looked on deceasedonline there are a few Wheeler's but as yet I have got to check the dates

Christine

Comment

Hi

I have just found a new site .... www.derelictlondon.com/id70.htm

Very interesting.

Christine
                          Last edited by Caroline; 15-04-11, 10:33. Reason: Repaired the link

Comment

Could be Mortlake? Sheen & Mortlake are right next door to each other.

Or theres Fulham Cemetery and also Margarvine
                            Last edited by Rosi Glow; 16-04-11, 21:43.
                            Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Working...
                            X