Gladys H Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladys H Young

Hello. All I know about Gladys is ---- she was born in 1922 in Croydon uk . In 1941 she married Aubrey G Slauenwhite ( a Canadian ) in Croydon. In 1946 she went to Southampton boarded the Queen Mary for Nova Scotia Canada and the address she was going to was in Bridgewater Lonenberg County N S--- The question I can't answer is - Did she and Aubrey Slauenwhite have any children while they were in N S? Aubrey was in the Canadian Army and served in England .Gladys died in the uk in 1957 in Child birth. I do not know when or how they returned to the uk. Aubrey also died in the uk
    Thanks for any help
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Looks like Gladys had a sister b1920 - won't put her name up in case still alive but will PM details.
    Margaret

Comment

thank you for that I did not know anything about glady's family

Comment

I can't see a marriage for Gladys's parents around 1920. Have you got the death certificate?

Comment

Looks like Aubrey married again in 1959 will PM details

Comment

Can't immediately see the full name of the spouse for the second marriage but will see what I can find. Will also look for a death for Aubrey.

Comment

Here's Aubrey's death
              Aubrey Garfield Slauenwhite
              Birth Date: 19 Apr 1920
              Death Registration Month/Year: Mar 1987
              Age at death (estimated): 66
              Registration district: Croydon
              Inferred County: London, Surrey
              Volume: 11
              Page: 1929

Comment

No not in Oz it is in croydon. But Gladys did die in childbirth, and I would like to know if she/they had any children in N S . Aubreys second wife is still alive.
                Sheila

Comment

Gladys's child did not survive here's the death registration
                  Slauenwhite
                  Death Registration Month/Year: 1957
                  Age at death (estimated): 0
                  Registration district: Croydon
                  Inferred County: Surrey
                  Volume: 5g
                  Page: 97

Comment

I have PM you with some more information.
                    Margaret

Comment

Thank you for all that, Margaret. It helps. Now all I need is the N .S. part of the equation

Comment

What I'm saying is that any children born in NS would have come back to UK with Gladys and Aubrey so the second wife would know about them wouldn't she?
                        Margaret

Comment

No that's the point, I just want to know now, if there were any children born in Nova Scotia as I do not know of any and I would like to find out.
                          I must away now for get dinner will be back in an hour or so
                          Sheila

Comment

Can't see them on the incoming passenger lists.

Comment

I've found a possible marriage for someone who could be a daughter of Gladys not showing as born in UK records and have sent details to Sheila. I've also found a possible marriage for Gladys's sister Joan and a possible child of her's - all in the hope that there is someone out there who would be able to say.

I don't think Canadian birth records would be available for the 1950's due to privacy laws so we're going to have to go about finding anyone by other means.
                              Margaret

Comment

Hi Mary, That is weird, as both Aubrey and Gladys came back to the uk . and I can't see that she would not have had a child . in N.S. , seeing that they were married 16 odd years .I did see the GRO certificate via Skype of Gladys death
                                Sheila

Comment

Hello Margaret,thank you for all your hard work. it looks as if you could be right
                                  Sheila

Comment

Gladys was an aunt of mine. I am the second son of Joan, her elder sister, who died on 3rd September 2015 at the age of 95. They were the youngest of the 10 children Of Edward John Young and Alice Maud Tuckey, who married in Croydon in 1900. I stayed with Gladys and Aubrey in New Addington on Summer holidays. They had no children of their own. Gladys had had a form of TB and needed to visit a hospital in Croydon regularly for treatment in an iron lung. They longed for children, but Gladys had a succession of miscarriages. When it was clear that she wouldn't survive the last stillbirth, Aubrey told her that she had given birth to a healthy boy and she died happy in that thought.

Comment

Hello Brian and welcome to the Forum,

I think its been a few months since Sheila has been on the forum but I will send her a message to let her know you have added to her thread, sorry for your recent loss.

Edna

Comment

Hello Brian and welcome to the forum. What a poignant story you tell about Gladys.

I too am sorry for your recent loss.

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X