TRANSLATE - eMAIL TO SPANISH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRANSLATE - eMAIL TO SPANISH

I notice that I have an icon on my Google Tool Bar that says 'TRANSLATE'. While I understand how it works there is just one thing that I have not been able to sort.
    When I create an email in English and need to 'TRANSLATE' to Spanish the icon is greyed out so I am unable to do this function when sending.

Is it possible to activate this button so that I can use it in 'SEND' mode?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I don't know if this is going to help, or not!! When I wanted to send an e-mail in German I typed it out in English, then did a paint and copy, I then went to Google and clicked on 'Translate' and pasted my e-mail in the little box and asked for a translation then I copied the result and pasted it back into my e-mail. I left the English version in the e-mail in case they needed it!

That sounds awfully muddled, but perhaps someone will come up with a more coherent explanation if you can't follow my version.

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

Hello Rusty,

Sorry for delay in reply to your help but I have been having a fight with a new I Mac (have a total of 14 days to return it - if I don't put it out the window first)

I understood your instructions and when I started to use them Google offered me an option to paste my message in one box and then select language and that was it. I am told by another lady locally that it was a very good translation.

I will continue the fight with this rather new toy that is keeping me awake at night with worry incase I do not get the hang of it. Fingers Crossed.

Many thanks for help.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 22-02-11, 16:52. Reason: my awful spelling
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hello Margaret, I'm so glad that it worked for you and that it was considered a good translation.

Margaret
        Margaret

Comment

For those who dislike Google, Babelfish also does translation. You install it locally but it accesses the internet to do the translation.

Comment

Working...
          X