Charlotte Ensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Ensor

Thanks to new records on Ancestry I found a new relative. She doesn't appear with the family on the 1841 which is why I didn't know of her existence. Trawling the marriage records newly transcribed by Ancestry I discovered her!! thing is I can find no trace of her or her husband on any census. I have no clue as to her age as I cannot find her baptism record. His profession is that of printer which may help track them down. Some of the family migrated up to Gloucestershire and some stayed in middlesex. Details of her marriage are below:

Name: Charlotte Ensor
    Spouse: William Piggins
    Father: Joseph Ensor
    Marriage: 15 Mar 1846 - Tower Hamlets, Middlesex

Any help would be appreciated.
    KAREN xx

On Ancestry Free BMD marriage index William's name is shown as Jiggins. I tried to find him & Charlotte in 1851 and found them as Juggins living in Little Union Street, Stepney with two children, Sarah aged 4 and James aged 1.
    Charlotte is shown as aged 29, born about 1822 in Moorfield, Middlesex.
    William's occupation looks like 'Poster'!
    Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 14-02-11, 14:45.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi, On Ancestry there is a Tree which shows William Henry Juggins 1823 - 1882 born Mile End/ wife Charlotte B1827. First child Sareh Ann B 1847.

Comment

I agree with the Jiggins - I was just going down that route but you beat me to it

There is a possible baptism for Charlotte if her mother was called Ann. She was baptised with her sister on 1st July 1845 - her birth date is given as 25th May 1821 and her sister Sarah as 27th September 1828. St Leonards Shoreditch

Jackie

Comment

Flipping heck girls you have been amazing thanks so so much. As was so interested in Charlottes information I didn't look too closely at the marriage certificate, trusted Ancestrys transcription. After your posts though I went back and re examined the certificate, it definately says Juggins!! thanks again guys xx

Yes her mother was Ann!!! Brilliant, a baptism too!!
          KAREN xx

Comment

I'd love to have a Juggins in my family!
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

LOL Uncle John
              KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
              X