Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in 1911 census

Hi
    i am looking for my greatgran mother Sarah Elizabeth Wilson(nee rathburn/rathbone) she was born 1870 Manchester,I found my grandad 1911 Thomas Wilson 1902 Salford he was with a Mckenna family.
    there is a Wilson(no first name) appears in 1911 but unable to view.
    any help would be greatful
    Dom

Originally posted by domo View Post
    Hi
    there is a Wilson(no first name) appears in 1911 but unable to view.
    Cannot see the one you are referring to. What year of birth is given and where was he/she living.

Were there any children to the marriage - born before 1911 - if so can we have their names and years of birth.
    Elaine

Comment

this is what it say's Household WILSON 1871 age 40 F SalfordLancashire
      she had twoson's one before marriage Rathbone John Salford 8d139 june 1890
      and my grandad Thoma Wilson 1902 he is with the mckenna Family in 1911 census rtn
      her name was Sarah Elizabeth Wilson born 1870 Manchester she appears in all census rtns from 1871 name spelt wrong,1881 with her mum Alice in Salford has y.o.b 1869
      she died 1927 by van hitting her i do have paper clipping and her son John surname spelt Rathvern
      any help please
      Dom
      Deaths Jun 1927 (>99%) Wilson Sarah E 57 Salford 8d409
      Last edited by domo; 14-02-11, 12:37.

Comment

Hi Dom

The only possible marriage I can find with similar names is in Jan-March 1898 - Samuel Albert Wilson and on the same page is a Sarah Elizabeth Rathburn.
        The birth in 1970 Manchester however is Sarah Elizabeth Rathbone. So is one of these a mistranscription?

Have you got your grandfathers birth certificate and what name does it give for mother please, Rathbone or Rathburn?

Is this your gt grandfathers death? April-June 1908 - Samuel Albert Wilson aged 45 - Salford 8d 60?
        I assumed this from the possible marriage.

The name Wilson isn't uncommon and I think we need to know what details you have on any certificates and where they are in the 1901 census.
        You say that you know Thomas is with a McKenna family in 1911 but can't view it? I'm not sure what you mean as, doing a free search there are possible Sarahs' and Thomas living in Salford, but without buying credits it's impossible to know whether they are together.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

In 1911 Thomas WILSON age 9 is shown as a Visitor at the home of John MCKENNA. The address is 45 Hodson Street Salford.

Nina

Comment

NINA/CHRISSIE
            you have found marriage of Sam to Sarah her birth and her name on my grandads birth was Rathburn.
            i do have Thomas with mckenna family ,but i am trying to find sarah in 1911 we know she didn't remarry and died 1927
            her father was Thomas Rathbone mother alice chadwick
            Dom
            Last edited by domo; 14-02-11, 13:05.

Comment

I'm not coming up with anything of use for you.. but something to think about is that the 1911 census was boycotted by many women.

Perhaps your Sarah was one of these women?

Comment

May have been believe she was a strong willed woman,but can't even find her first son John Rathbone ??

Comment

Originally posted by domo View Post
                  this is what it say's Household WILSON 1871 age 40 F SalfordLancashire

1911 Census.

Briefly :-

4 Brewery Street, Salford

WILSON Henry married 19 years 47 1864 Carter Manchester
                  Mrs WILSON " " 40 1871 Salford
                  WILSON Florrie 18 1893 Salford
                  WILSON Annie 11 1900 Manchester
                  WILSON Lily 3 1908 Salford

There are three other people 1 nephew and 2 nieces.

However; Henry states he has been married 19years - so far I cannot find a marriage to a Sarah Rathbone/Rathburn/
                  Rathbourne 1890-95.

Henry states that there were 9 children in this marriage 6 of whom have died - there
                  are 3 daughters on this census.

Seems like Mrs Wilson is probably not Sarah Elizabeth Rathbone.

Nina

Comment

Thanks Nina
                    She is a neddle in a hay stack :-(
                    can't find her in 1911 so roll on 1921 :-) mite find her then LOL
                    she married Samuel Albert Wilson 1898 St.Stephen's church Salford
                    Dom

Comment

Can you tell us how to find her in 1901 with Samuel please and in 1891 with John. I am struggling to find either with a Sarah of the right age etc.
                      It may help to locate her in 1911.

Comment

I assume you have the marriage certificate Dom? I have just found it on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                          Can you tell us how to find her in 1901 with Samuel please and in 1891 with John. I am struggling to find either with a Sarah of the right age etc.
                          It may help to locate her in 1911.
                          Am struggling too Chrissie :(

Comment

Hi Chrissie
                            I do have marriage cert,i also cant find then in 1901 they lived 5 Paradise hill Salford there is a Wilson family in there but wrong name's think it's some relation not to sure on that one.
                            Sarah appears on her own in 1891 in Stowell Memorial Salford name spelt Rathbourne(i have had help with this with the one name study group) an it is her
                            any help as this one driving me to drink LOL
                            Dom

Comment

would like to find John Rathbone b 1890 Salford in 1911 this is Sarah's son before she married Sam the only other thing i was old he wa a Carpenter by trade ?? may give me a little more on him ??
                              Dom

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                I assume you have the marriage certificate Dom? I have just found it on line.
                                Chrissie , how old is Samuel ?

Nina

Comment

Samuel Albert Wilson born 1863 Chorlton upon Medlock Lancashire Father Thomas Wilson game dealer mother mary Dewhurst i have his birth cert
                                  Dom
                                  found Samuel in 1881 that it :-( he wa a fish market porter on his marriage and his son's birth cert's
                                  he may appear in 1871 under Albert but i have not got this infomation it what some one told me a few yrs ago
                                  Last edited by domo; 14-02-11, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Inahaystack View Post
                                    Chrissie , how old is Samuel ?

Nina
                                    Samuel is 35 and a batchelor - Sarah Elizabeth Rathburn is 28 - a spinster - father Thomas Rathburn a Boat man

Comment

yep that them just cant find them in census rtns

Comment

Who was Alice's husband Dom. Did Thomas Rathbone marry Alice Chadwick?

Possible marriage in case - before I lose it -
                                        April-June 1869 - Manchester 8d 173 - Thomas Rathbone and on the same page an Alice Chadwick.
                                        Just one to keep handy in case.
                                        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-02-11, 17:14.

Comment

Working...
                                        X