Employees of the royal family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees of the royal family

My new 6th cousin has an ancestor who was the Gatekeeper of St George's Gate at Windsor Castle, I've just been deciphering his will.

Has anyone been successful in obtaining any information about employees of the royal family from the royal archives?

Yes.

Comment

Care to elaborate?

Comment

there is a thread somewhere, i think about st james' palace, the person who started it, got lots of info on his ancestors service.

Comment

Thankyou kylejustin that's very encouraging, I've found the thread which should tempt her to write. Unfortunately it's not my own relative but the father in law of one of my distant relatives (the Joses Badcock who cut his wife's nose).

Comment

ooh interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
              Care to elaborate?
              You asked if anyone was successful in obtaining any information about employees of the royal family from the royal archives.
              I replied that I have been successful. What further elaboration to you require?

Comment

Very clever, ftfmk and an extremely useful and helpful answer. You are going to be an asset to this site, I can see.

OC

Comment

Working...
                X