had 3 live births - 2 died - 1 still living

Ethel mar 1903 was one still living
    May b sep 1901 d sep 1901 bap 21 jul 1901 one that died
    Samuel b sep 1906 d dec 1906 bap 24 aug 1906 other one that died

ok so far so good
    BUT
    whilst trawling parish records I came across
    James Oakes bap 27 Jan 1896

I cannot find any birth or death record for this wee chappie at all though the address on his baptism is the same as Georges mother and siblings in 1901.
    Cannot find any other George and Emma in Kidderminster at this time.
    Can I assume that this child is infact one of mine but because of 1911 census and lack of birth/death that he was probably stillborn???

many thanks
    Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

ok so far so good
    BUT
    this is before George married Emma, is it possible that he was married before?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I don't think he would be baptised if he was stillborn, although there may well be a burial in the parish records for him. If it was before George and Emma married has he been registered in his mother's maiden name?

Anne

Comment

Thanks
        George was listed as Bachelor on marriage so don't think was married before.
        Checked under Berry - infact trawled through all james born that time frame in Kidderminster.

Just seemed such a co-incidence that the address was the same.

Also they only had another 2 live births after 1911 (George was a drunk and kept disappearing)
        my nan in 1913 and Joan in 1920
        x - x
        Jayne

Comment

Originally posted by dopeyploppy View Post
          According to 1911 census my great grandparents

I cannot find any birth or death record for this wee chappie at all though the address on his baptism is the same as Georges mother and siblings in 1901.
          Are you saying the parish records gave James parents' names as George and Emma? If not could he have been the son of one of George's siblings?
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

baptism entry says
            jan 27 1896 St Marys Church no 1300
            James parents George and Emma Oakes 5 Paddock Court weaver

now on census and other baptisms George is down as general labourer in woollen dept(Carpets) which is different to weaver. Weavers were generally women or children so its possible could have been one of his sisters!

Also cannot understand why it was St marys - as Emmas parish church was St Georges(which they married in)
            Jayne

Comment

I see there was a widow - Emma Oakes (your George's mother ?) living at 5 Paddock Court in 1901, with son James aged 17. Was George's father another George? Perhaps the baptism was of this boy rather than a baby.
              UPDATE - now I'm confused. I've found who I think is your George with parents Benjamin and Mary A in 1891, but Mary A (widowed by then) was at 3 Court, Dudley Street in 1901, not in Paddocks court.
              Last edited by JudithM; 11-02-11, 19:00.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

yes my Georges parents were Benjamin and mary Ann. looks very possible that the James was not a baby as that is the right address
                5 paddock court and court 3 Dudley Street are very close together thats why I thought they were the same.
                Will investigate more on this Emma and james but looks very much like thisis solved

Thankyou all very much
                x - x
                Jayne

Comment

Working...
                X