Irish BMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish BMD?

I am trying to locate a marriage record for William Cameron BRUCE and Kate J. I think she could have been a Catherine as her daughter is named as Kate on a census but her Birth is registered as Cathering Rose.

This is the family http://familyhistorystories.tribalpa...m-Bruce-Family

The reason I believe they married in Ireland is that their first child, William C (possibly Cameron) was born in Ireland according to the 1871 Census.

I have found the birth records of the other 3 children.

So what I'm actually looking for is:

the marriage of William Cameron BRUCE and Kate (or Catherine) J in Ireland BEFORE 1873.
    the birth of the said Kate J in Ireland. (she'd have been born around 1850.)
    the birth of the son, William C BRUCE in Ireland around 1873.

Hope someone, somewhere can point me in the right direction.

Beth

I don't know if this link will work but if not look on the LDS pilot site, there are several records that will answer your questions.http://pilot.familysearch.org/record...liam%20cameron
    Moggie

Comment

Thank you Moggie, why didn't I think of trying Familysearch.. :(

The William Allan Cameron Bruce sounds possible because William Snr's mother was Ann ALLEN!

And I've found a baptism for the mother of the baptised William in 1873.. Catharinam Mulvanny.. now I just have to confirm it! :(

Comment

If the son can be found on the 1911 census it should say where he was born (not just the country).This would give you a starting place to look for parents marriage. You could be lucky with LDS.Also try Irish Family History Foundation,but you will have to pay for the information.If you find the County you may well find sites dedicated to that County.
        Fran

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
          If the son can be found on the 1911 census it should say where he was born (not just the country).This would give you a starting place to look for parents marriage. You could be lucky with LDS.Also try Irish Family History Foundation,but you will have to pay for the information.If you find the County you may well find sites dedicated to that County.
          Fran
          I'll have a good look at that later... Thanks for your suggestions..

Comment

Beth

You could try this FREE website which has Births, Deaths and Marriages from Church Parish Records for Some Counites in Ireland.

This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.
            teresa

Comment

Thanks for this Teresa, I have enjoyed scrolling through this. Haven't found what I am looking for but still, things seem to be improving in the Irish search!! Can't wait for more Irish counties to be added.
              Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Working...
              X