FTM 2011 - 'Places' Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011 - 'Places' Problems

I've just installed FTM 2011 on my Win7 PC and imported my tree, containing over 4000 entries, from FTM 2005. So far I'm not overly impressed as the interfaces seem over-complicated but it is the 'Places' function that is driving me mad, and its one of the the main reasons I upgraded. Anyone got any advice on how to overcome the following:-

The 'Bing' map insists on placing its pin several hundred metres (invariably North) from the true location which, in a town, means relocating the pin manually. Lots of my rellies are from the North coast of Scotland and the pin is invariable in the sea! It is as though Bing needs initialising.

I've tried to use the 'Places' function to trace where I have resided in the past. You do this by ticking boxes in a drop down on the right hand side of the page and a symbol appears on the map. A line is drawn between multiple ticked locations / symbols. Trouble is the place identified is always the one immediately below the ticked box - bizarre. Oh, and with some people in the tree no amount of ticking boxes will create a symbol, despite the address(es) having been 'resolved'.

I have no confidence in this product so would welcome any comments from people who have 'upgraded' from FTM2005 or thereabouts
Working...
X