Locket with Photograph of a Lady Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locket with Photograph of a Lady Inside

Hi everyone. I've been referred to this site in the hope that someone may be able to date a photo which was inside a locket that I found whilst metal detecting in Selly Oak, Birmingham over 20 years ago. It appears that I'm unable to post a picture as yet so could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help

You shouldn't have a problem posting a picture.
    However, if you try to attach an image to the post you will find it is probably too small for anyone to be able to help.
    The best way to do it is to upload it to an external site such as Photobucket and then give a link.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, here's the link to the Photobucket page http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=P2080004.jpg

Comment

If you copy the IMG code (4th link down) and paste it on here, then the image will show in your post.

Like this ...

Elaine

Comment

made it a little clearer
          Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

What an interesting find! Amazing that the photo survived being in the ground. I'm not very good at dating and we can't see much of her but the high collar and lace edging look like late Victorian. Does she have her hair down? Its usually an indication of a girl, rather than an adult woman if the hair is worn long at that time.

Anne

Comment

Agree in the late Victorian. She also seems quite young with her hair loose. Normally, married women or older women put their hair up.

Comment

What a beautiful girl. I could not resist "playing" with her

Niksmum

Comment

Working...
                X