Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one did she marry and where are they in 1901 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one did she marry and where are they in 1901 ?

Ada Allmarrie Ivy (nee Oxley)a Widow born 1865 Barking Essex marries again in 1899 Romford Essex to either
    George Spelman or Walter Charles Phillips
    Cannot find her with either man in 1901 ???
    Any help please

She married George Spelman. I searched for his name in Romford and came up with the family, with two stepchildren with Ivy as surname, at 11 Romford Street, Barking. RG13/1654 folio 37 page 2
    Last edited by JudithM; 07-02-11, 22:33.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

your an Angel Judith I didnt think to look for the children under that name ? thanks very much .

Comment

no wonder I couldn't find them, I was looking on FMP and Ada is mistranscribed as Atla ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          no wonder I couldn't find them, I was looking on FMP and Ada is mistranscribed as Atla ??
          Yes I was using FMP too but luckily decided to look for the two possible husbands rather than Ada herself. To be fair to the transcriber, although the enumerator had beautifully neat handwriting he did form his letters in an unusual way.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thats what I love about having both if you cant find it on one you usually can on the other , although if my Husband didn't buy me one sub for Xmas I wouldn't be able to afford both.

Comment

Working...
            X