Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And another Canada thread - passenger list help. please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another Canada thread - passenger list help. please.

I have a full FMP sub, but can't find the departure I need.

I can see my folks on the Ancestry index, but only have essentials package, so can't view the details.

I am after the name of the boat (& departure date) for the 1919 departure from Liverpool of Violet Louse Boulter & Phil(l)ip Pullyn Boulter.

(They married in England in 1918, went to Canada, had two sons and then all four returned to England in Feb 1925 - I have full details of the 1925 Canada/UK journey.)

There should also be an earlier sailing for Philip Pullyn Boulter (born Plumstead 1891) as he enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary force in Alberta, in Jan 1915.

Shall be grateful for any help - I've been fiddling around with this pair for most of the afternoon and have totally lost the plot with the FMP passenger lists. If I have the name of the ship, hopefully I can look at the image on the Canadian site.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

The April 1919 arrival in St. John New Brunswick from Liverpool of the Corsican is a troopship of discharged servicemen including Corporal 56 Phillip B Boulter (married), residence Calgary. He has 1 dependant (presumably his wife), so it's not your man.

Oh yes it is!. The rest of the family are on a separate civilian manifest on the same voyage. The image is extremely faded and I wouldn't have been able to read it if I dion't know what I was looking for.

I've found the family arriving from St. John N.B. on the Melita in Southampton in Feb. 1925. Phillip (surgeon and med. masseur) to a hospital in Plumstead and the family to Great Ryborough, Norfolk.
    Last edited by Uncle John; 07-02-11, 21:04. Reason: more information
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Many thanks for that, UJ.

Any takers for Philip travelling to Canada between 1911 (he was in the parental home in Plumstead recorded as "medical student") and January 1915, when he enlisted in Canada, professing to be "a farmer."
      (I think he probably failed his medical exams - his father was a doctor of medicine & had a surgery qualification, but I haven't found any reference to Philip as a dr - think in 1925 he said he was a surgICAL & medical masseur???)

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

It actually says Surg. & Med. Masseur, so I think you are right.

Comment

Empress of Ireland, Feb. 1912, aged 20 to St. John N.B., then onward to Toronto. There's no header in the image to show the actual arrival date, but Ancestry says 17 Feb. 1912 from Liverpool.

Comment

Thanks again UJ.
            Always good to have a second opinion.

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Having a job to keep up with you, UJ! ;D

Thanks again for the 1912 reference. That tells me when he went to Canada, and, as he was born in 1891, he would be around 21.
              So, I think that also confirms him as NOT being a doctor.

Really appreciate your time on my behalf

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

An unusual surname, not mangled by the transcriber, does help.

Comment

Working...
                X