were they maarried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were they maarried?

Hi, please can anyone help me find a marriage of my 2xG/Gdad John Hardman. The 1841 Census has him with a wife Hannah, a son James (1) and a daughter Alice Partington? (5) DoB 1836. Checking James's birth his mum is given as Partington. So was Hannah married before and used her married name when remarrying to John.
    I can find a Ralph Partington marrying a Hannah Crabtree which fits in with Alice's birth in 1836. But I can't find John marrying Hannah Partington or Crabtree. Until I do I can't find out who my 3xG/Gdad was!! Or am I missing something
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

where did this happen please, have you found the family on the 1851 census, where does it state POB for them?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

is ok I have found the 1841 census. looks like the marriage took place between 1836-1840 then by the census, not a very big gap to look in.

have you tried looking on LancsBMD site?
      Julie

Comment

Hi there.
        They lived in Pilkinton in Lancashire. Yes they are in the 1851 Census, but here Alice is now using Hardman as her Surname.
        Sorry I'm noe sure what PoB means. DoB? Alice has it on Census! Hope this helps
        Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

I did fined a death of Ralph Partington in 1838, same person??

Comment

POB/DOB = place of birth/date of birth, no worries I have found them in 1851

That Ralph death is looking possible too.. make a note of it, you might need to order the cert.
            Julie

Comment

rightio, I have found the marriage it took place in Prestwich, if you click on the link it will show you it, you will nee the first 'hit' when it loads

Julie

Comment

Lancs bmd does have a John - Hannah marriage but she is Schofield, But this doesn't cover where Partington came from, because there isn't a R Partington/Schofield marriage!

Comment

Thanks a million. WHY were you not around before I spent hours looking for that!! I can only assume it was because I only looked at the OLD version of the LDS site, the one I was used to.
                  BUT, with a date of Feb 1837 was that before Reg. was required. Will I be able to get a marriage cert or will I have to trawl through Church Records?

Comment

what you will now need to do is look in the parish records and see what other information the marriage holds, civil registration didnt begin until july 1837 I think it was, so now you will have to get a look at that marriage. not sure where you are but you can order the film and you should be able to see it via a LDS centre, or you could try seeing IF the registers have been put onto a cd, maybe you might be able to email a local studies library and ask them to have a look at the marriage and see what else it says (or ask them if they can photocopy it you)

edit to say... the new familysearch site is attempting to get all of its records 'under one roof' now, and they are adding new records all the time, so is a good thing to keep checking back.
                    Julie

Comment

ooooh hang on... have a look here:

OPC, Online Parish Clerk, family history, local history, free data, parish registers, census, Lancashire, Prestwich

they might be the best place to look/ask :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

There is a marriage at St Mary Prestwich
                        https://www.familysearch.org/s/image...2B82PRagg%253D
                        PAT

Comment

Working...
                        X