d. ??
    Children 5: (my line)
    Nathan Robertson
    b. 1752 ,Fredrick,MD
    d. 19 Mar 1827 Clark, IND.
    m. Elizabeth Speaks
    b. 1754 Fredrick, MD
    d. 21 Dec 1827 Clark, IND.
    I have looked for months trying to find out about Lloyd Robertson and ancestors to no avail. Would appreciate any help.
    Wishful Thinker
    Last edited by Wishfull Thinker; 05-02-11, 23:04.

Hello

where is Lower Patomic Hundred, Fredrick, MD please.. (Maryland???)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

That should be Lower Potomac, and it's Frederick County, Maryland.

I've had a look on Ancestry; they do have quite a lot of old Maryland records, but I can't even see Lloyd's marriage, let alone his baptism.

There are loads of trees on Ancestry that include him, but all very badly done; it looks as though they've all copied from each other, because his wife's birth and death dates are impossible in all cases (she's supposed to have died before her husband was born...).

Comment

Lower Potomic Hundred, Frederick County, Maryland, USA for Lloyd Robertson was dug out of archived stories. I can't find out any more information
        on Lloyd!! ... birth, death, how he got there, etc. Can't find his father or mother ... its like he suddenly appeared in MD. from nothing. Plenty of misinformation I agree, I see the copying too. Plenty of info on the Prather's, Praters, etc. (Huge).
        If it' confusing, (since my spacing was removed), Nathan is the son of Lloyd and Jane.
        Wishful

Comment

But Lloyd was actually born there wasnt he. Do they have any baptism or marriage records for him there? How do you know there is a scottish connection?

Guess youve also seen:

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 05-02-11, 23:19.

Comment

My best information hints at Lloyds Scotish ancestry and his birth in Frederick, Maryland. I have spent hours on the internet looking for cemetary, birth, marriage, ... anything in Maryland with no luck. I have not tried to contact the county. There is a Lloyd born in Scotland abt 1720, however I do not believe he is the correct one.
            I have seen the "merewether" papers, but they are in error. Basil William Prather did marry Clorenda Robertson b.1748 ... she is Lloyds 4th child.
            Lloyds children are:
            1 William Robertson b. 1740 went to Georgia
            2 Robert Robertson b. 1741 went with Nathan to Clark County, Indiana
            3 Rachel Robertson b. 1746 ?
            4 Clorenda Robertson b. 1748 went to Clark county, Indiana
            5 Nathan Robertson b. 1752 went to Bourbon County, Kentucky 1787, then Clark County, Indiana in 1801

Lloyds birth of 1727 (merewether Papers) does not fit Williams birth in 1740.

Wishful Thinker

Comment

It's usually a waste of time fishing for hopeful family connections. Working backwards from you, generation by generation, is the only reliable method. I haven't done any US research but I know that records are held locally, by the state or the county.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X