Missing Marriage help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Marriage help needed please

Cant find a marriage for one of my rellies.

Sarah Jackson born 1830 Married a George Ive/Ives had a son -
    George in 1850. I think they got married in 1851 have to get cert yet to prove

George Ives senior died I think about 1857 again have to get cert to prove
    and on the 1861 census Sarah is listed as being the wife of a Joseph Goddard.

I cant find a marriage for Sarah and Joseph on either ancestry or find my past.
    They were living next door to her mother and father. So I dont know if they would have
    been living together unwed.

Any ideas how I could find them.

Thanks

Glenda

Have you tried freebmd?
    Margaret

Comment

will do now thanks

Comment

I have searched on FMP fro 1851 to 1881, any county and searched under both surnames; have also looked at FamilySearch and I am afraid no luck. Perhaps they were living together. Sorry, hope you find them.
        Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Have you found them on a census, if so where were they born and where were they living.
          Knowing the location might help find a marriage in the index.
          Elaine

Comment

Also an occupation could give a clue (e.g. boatmen at canalside locations).
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

In 1861 Joseph Goddard (aged 32) is listed as Carman and all three (including George Ive 11) listed as born in Putney Surrey.
              The George Ive birth might be a good certificate to get, June 1850 Wandsworth 4 567. Just to make sure that you have the right George jnr.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X