Can someone help me find Elizabeth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me find Elizabeth ?

I've got this information from an unsubstantiated family tree entry on Ancestry, but the family name used by the poster makes me think that the Elizabeth Bradley may be the one I'm looking for (have emailed without success). They've got virtually nothing, so it may be a wild goosechase, but you never know.

What they've got is the baptism of Elizabeth Bradley at Whitgift in Yorkshire on 20 Feb 1800....parents Thomas Bradley (1757-?) & Jane Moody (1767-?)...they don't seem to have been able to find any further information about Elizabeth. I've tried matching her up with various marriages (to Thomas Selby in Doncaster, 1824. Joseph Davis in Heanor 1825, William Mayfield in Mansfield 1825 etc etc)...searching the census & death records without success.

I think she may have been the first partner of my gggg grandfather, Lyon Asher, in Nottingham (can't find a marriage) & the mother of his first child, Alfred Bradley Asher (baptised 1820), although the mother of his last child, in the mid 1830s, was an Elizabeth Barfield. I don't know how many of the children inbetween belonged to which Elizabeth...so Elizabeth Bradley may have died at any time from, say, 1818 onwards...or there is a chance that there was family pressure on her to abandon her relationship with a Jew/man of Jewish origins.

Haven't been able to find a death of an Elizabeth Bradley/Elizabeth Asher in Nottm at this time (Lyon would have been living in either St Peter's/St Mary's parish)

If I can find another marriage/death for her, I can at least eliminate her.

the baptism is here: 1st one on list..

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, Julie

Comment

cant see any poss marriages though, I dont even know where this place is.... whitgift I mean..

edit to say:

I know now, its near Goole!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The nearest marriages Ancestry threw up for me were 1824 to a Thomas Selby in Doncaster & a Joseph Davis in 1824 in Heanor & 1825 to a Mr Mayfield in Mansfield...but I couldn't make anything of them. Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
          X