Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Cudham, Westerham, Tatsfield. etc

Hi

I believe my family to originate from around Cudham in the 1760's.
    I have got a family now which I think are they.
    Children are christened in Cudham from 1753 to 1763.
    During this period there is another child who seems to have the same parents, he was christened in Westerham in 1756.

Would it be reasonable to assume that he is a sibling, but christened elsewhere for some reason.

I know that Cudham, Tatsfield and Westerfield are all near each other but would it be near enough for this to happen.

Also the only marriage I can find with names of the parents took place in 1758 at Ongar Eastcheap London. Would this be expected or do I rule this out.

Thanks in advance for help.
    Glenda

As there is only about 4 miles between Tatsfield and Westerham, I would not count it out. Some of mine seem to have gone miles to baptise children. OH has a branch of his tree who are also from Westerham - have a look at The Weald (http://theweald.org/a00.asp) name list - you might find some names there.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

You can see how close these places are by looking on google maps.

As for the marriage, I don't know what Ongar Eastcheap is! Ongar is a place in Essex, Eastcheap a street in the City of London. But its possible they married there. My ex has gt gt grandparents born, lived and died in Covent Garden, but who went to Romford to get married. The connection seems to be that the bride's aunt lived there.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Linda

Thank you. I did have a look sadly not the ones I wanted. But I will keep searching and hope for a Cudham Parish Disc sometime in the future.

Regards

Glenda.

Comment

Working...
        X