Help for idiot (me) required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for idiot (me) required

I've found someone on Ancestry who has someone I'm interested in on a public family tree. How do I send them a message, please ?

Hi Greyingrey,

I think...if you go on to the other persons page (of the person you have an interest in) then look at the top middle of the page there should be a grey box with owner & the tree owners name on it, click on their name & it shows a contact bit...I think that may be the long winded way :o but should get you there

Ness

Comment

if you click on that persons tree, then you should see the 'greyed out box' thats lozenge shaped with the tree owners username in it, if you click on the name you will geta bubble and in there is the option to contact the owner.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you both very much. I'm probably being terribly thick, but I only get what I got yesterday. I click on the ??? family tree & I get a grey box which says something like "connect with this member". I've clicked that & I get "no connections have been made yet" & there's also a box for comments.....do I have to leave my message in the comments box ?

Comment

Go into the family tree you are interested in. At the top of the page there is a little box which says owner. It is generally a dark grey colour. When you click on that it gives you the name of the owner and how long since they last logged in. On the left hand side of the box, in the middle it says "contact". Click on this and you will get a new page where you can write to the tree owner.

Linda
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thank you very much, ozgirl....cracked it at last !

Comment

Working...
            X