Elizabeth Parker Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Parker Found

Great excitement at the computer just now. To waste more time I thought I would record birthdates of all the ancient aunts and uncles in my perpetual day book and came across Elizabeth Parker, the baby of that family. Over 20 years of occasional looking never could find out what happened to her. So went to the new marriage search engine on FindMyPast and stuck in her name. Got a hit. One of the possibilities was Mr Conway. Bells rang in the head. Pull out ancient piece of paper written by my father's uncle decades ago where he lists the family members (except he is Dad's Mother's brother and not related to the Parkers, only lived in the same village) There is Mrs Ruddock , Mrs Mason, Mrs Conway and dad's grandmother Mrs. Hobbis. Under Mrs Conway he wrote - she come to a Bad End (circled, underlined). So I look on the 1901 census and there is Frank Conway with his wife and three children living in Lewisham. Quick call to friend with ancestry subscription to dig further. YES YES HURRAH. Marriage document on line with correct name and correct father. Oh JOY. Don't know what the bad end was. Looks like first child was born before marriage. Maybe she left town with a bit of scandal which left a deep impression on father's uncle. He would have been a little lad of 10 at the time.
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

thats great know how you must feel

Comment

Brilliant Donelda, you must be thrilled to have solved a 20 yr old dilemma. Well done.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Sometimes just doing that little bit of background work, looking through old papers can make a world of difference! well done you :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am still aglow with the excitement of finding her and being able to share with my cousin who has done in depth research on our Parker line in the past but now has her hands full with two little ones.
          Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Working...
          X