Windows mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows mail

I am running Vista and all of a sudden I cannot find a way to add a new contact to my Windows Mail address book.

I am sure that I used to have a tool bar that said Add New Contact. This person has given me their email address and said add this to your contacts. (It did not come by email).

What am I doing wrong or where is my tool bar- Help.

I am cetain all these odd things that are happening to my PC have only come since the Windows Updates. I lost my google tool bar as well and have now found that but it keeps disappearing.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

On my windows mail there is an icon next to the send/receive one which just says contacts when you put your mouse over it. Click on that and it opens another window where you have an icon to add a new contact.

Not sure if that is all you need to know as I don't usually use Windows Mail

Linda
    LindaG

Comment

Linda,

It is that icon that 'went' missing but only since my last windows download. I only use windows mail for storing oddments that I may never use.

However, I have just noticed that it is back. Funny things going on with my PC time for a change and that Applemac that I have longed for. Will have to give it some serious thought.

Thank you for your reply.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 30-01-11, 23:53.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Glad it's back now. Unfortunately I don't use windows mail as I use windows live or exchange on my computer at work for my emails and at home have already made the transition to Mac computers. It was an expensive move for us at home as it involved changing two computers, but luckily it coincided with paying off the mortgage and I was still working full time which meant we could save up the money quite quickly. I love my mac laptop, I guess I've become one of those Apple fanboys (or should that be fangirl) that I keep hearing about. I can't see myself going back to windows now

Linda
        LindaG

Comment

Linda,

I hope to buy an iMac this week if I have time as we have an Apple store just a few miles away. I hope to buy One to One as well but feel sure I will continue to ask questions on this site. I would like the Mac Book but I prefer a larger screen. If I get on with it OK well who knows it maybe an iPad next but that is far away.
          Last edited by Margaret N; 31-01-11, 23:57.
          Margaret N

Comment

Working...
          X