itunes download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itunes download

I kept getting an Applesyncnotifier error message on my laptop every time I logged on.
    Following advice from a Google search, I uninstalled itunes and then went to the Apple site to download the latest version.
    I started the download and noticed it said it would take 21 minutes so I went for a shower. When I returned it said 5 hours!
    Is this right or am I doing something wrong here. I have now cancelled the download.
    Any advice welcome.
    Thanks
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Depends on whether you are using mac or windows. But minutes rather than hours.
    Give it another try a bit later!
    Sue ;)

Comment

Sue, sorry for the delay, I've been out. I tried it again and it said 21 hours so cancelled and tried again later. It has never got past 2% completed so I gave up in the end. I can't understand what the problem is??
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

found this solution Lynne maybe try it ?

When iTunes takes a long time to download, even when u have a moderately fast connection, it means that u r not going to be able to open the .exe file. Cancel the download, remove all previous copies of quicktime.exe and itunes.exe from ur comp. Now in my computer, in tools, folder options, say show hidden files n folders. In C: drive go to Documents n settings, ur user name, local settings. In there, delete the Temp Internet folder. Now restart ur comp and download a new version of iTunes + quicktime. This will take relatively lesser time n the file opens n installs correctly.

Comment

Thanks Val, finally managed to do it last night.
          Lynne

Comment

did you do it from that link ?? or did you find another way ?

Comment

Working...
            X