G mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G mail

I use Gmail and while in the middle of an email I had a message pop up telling me that I had been 'timed out' and to sign in again.

This proved difficult as the screen became greyed out and I could not save my email at that time or access the box to sign in. I miminized the email and opened the Google home page again, Selected Mail and signed in I was then able to continue. I have used Gmail for many years and this is the first time it has happened to me. Has anyone else had the experience.
    I have run all the security programmes and they are all clear.

Another thing that I am certain someone will be able to help me with is I often send an email to people asking a question. They reply on my email with Red Text along side with the answers. How do I do that?
    I am thinking that while their email is open that I select a colour for the Text and select Edit does that sound correct?

Many thanks for any ideas.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret, I use Gmail all the time but haven't encountered a problem such as you describe with the timing out. I'm not a fast typist and sometimes I fiddle with a message for ages.

Perhaps if you go to Settings to see if something there has been checked or unchecked may help to sort it out.
    Sorry, can't help with your second question.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
      Another thing that I am certain someone will be able to help me with is I often send an email to people asking a question. They reply on my email with Red Text along side with the answers. How do I do that?
      I am thinking that while their email is open that I select a colour for the Text and select Edit does that sound correct?

Many thanks for any ideas.
      Margaret, all you have to do is hit Reply, then select your text colour and type next to the text you're replying to in the body of their email.
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Just remember that Google is now scanning Gmail messages that you send and using the content to decide what advertisements to place on your page when you open it.
        I am completely unhappy to use a service that actively scans contents of my messages.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor,
          I don't appear to bothered with advertising when using Gmail. I do find when I do a search that say for distant places etc. I do get adverts for local events in my area (The New Forest) which has always puzzled me.
          I did notice the advert problem on both Yahoo and Hot Mail when I set a friends laptop up last week.
          Problem is that if I leave Gmail, I imagine that I will loose all my corresspondence as it will be on their server.

Maybe my emails are so boring that they have given up reading them. I am very old fashioned when it comes to communication as I prefer to speak to a person on the phone rather than Text/email. Or better still speak to them face to face so I only use email for basics. Thank you for the link I will keep that and read it again.

Sunny Kate, First time ever that has happened to me a friend suggested that maybe they had a problem in the area and wanted to check the system.

Lorry, Thank you, common sense when one thinks about it. I often send a competition into the local radio and they send me the answers the way that I describe.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
          X