Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

William Robert Wilde Shipwright and /or Carpenter B.1858 D. 1906 S.S.Wooler 1899

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Robert Wilde Shipwright and /or Carpenter B.1858 D. 1906 S.S.Wooler 1899

Hi All,
    The ship S.S.Wooler foundered of Ushant 02/01/1899. My Great Uncle married to my G/G/Grandad Daughter Mary J.Wilde (nee Berry) lived in Birkenhead Cheshire. In 1891 census living at 74,Tavistock Street Toxteth Park Liverpool. Haven't been able to find him anywhere in the 1901 Census. The ship sank 19 missing and 4 rescued. His name doesn't appear amongst those names. He was washed up on the beach and the local residents nursed him back to some reasonable state. He had received severe head trauma injuries. I presume he must have been at that village where ever for quite a while, with him not beening in the 1901 census. He did arrive home and succumbed to those injuries in 1906.Then living in Birkenhead Cheshire at 29, Orchard street Tranmere. I am hoping some one can point me in the right direction.To prove he was on the Wooler, when she foundered, where he received such loving care and how long and when he got home and where he is buried in Cheshire. Even the timiest bit of help would be most appreciated. Thank You and Best Regards Ken Berry ex Anfield Liverpool 4. Prior to 30th,December 1955

On ancestry trees there is a photograph of this man - have you seen it? Is it your tree? The owner is given as a T Bateman.

The family are living in Birkenhead in 1901 but no sign of William. He may still be abroad or in hospital here? Patients are often only given initials on the census :(

Mary J Wilde 43
    Ada Wilde 17
    Robert Wilde 10
    William Wilde 7
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 28-01-11, 09:24.

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Ken!

Will go and have a look to see if I can spot anything useful... it could be useful to have a place of birth as a reference-check.

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 28-01-11, 21:21.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Heather,Christine and Teryl (Ozzie,Ozzie, Ozzie.)
        Absolutely brilliant a photo of William Robert Wilde. I Have found out quite a few details of him but nothing positive about his involvement with the S.S.Wooler. There were 19 Crew lost and 4 survivors,but no names match WRW. Still trying for a photo of the ship, 200HP Engine to push her, not much power even in those days. The severe Trauma head injuries I have been trying on a lot of sites. But the photo has given me new vigour and hopefully put ''Best used by date further forward". Have a few cuttings out of different newspapers if any of you would like copies.Just email and they will be on their way. Interesting one in a New Zealand Newspaper reporting the lose of the "Wooler" its in English and Maori. Also copies of Ancestry BDM's. Teryl did you manage the death certificate and any thing about trauma injuries on it. This is terrific Lady's. Just remembered Hi Brian.Best Regards Ken B

Comment

Hiya Ken...I`m in Garston ,Liverpool and when I passed my eleven plus I went to St Margarets High Schoo; in Anfield.....S.M.A ..I`m sure you will remember that school...loads of Wilde family here in Garston...can I ask where you got your info William Robert Wilde b 1858 ?? I can`t find him on freebmd / lancashirebmd / or Lan-opc ........allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Garstonite.
            Hi Allan,
            I have a quite a few details and would prefer to send them PM. My PM is email address removed. Have just tried to send them on PM but I am getting something wrong somewhere. Maybe having a senior moment ,is the only excuse I can offer. They are all ready to send.Best Regards to You and Yours. Ken Berry.
            ps SMA " The Boss" Principal Mr Simpson.

Comment

No Ken...Mr Grimshaw when I was there.....when you have made 3 posts you can then PM....and you should take your e-mail addy off the thread.....a moderator hopefully will see it and delete it for you......allan
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum.
                I have removed your email address from your post as we don't encourage our members to post these on the open forum.

If you want to contact someone by personal message (PM), then just click on their name to the left of their post and you will see an option SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE.
                Just type your message into the text box and click on SUBMIT MESSAGE.

If you receive messages from other members you will receive email notification of these - BUT you must log in to the forum to reply. You cannot reply to the email notification as your reply will just come through to our email admin account, rather than being sent direct to the member. You can access your messages via the NOTIFICATIONS link at the top right of the screen.

If you have any queries then let us know and we will try to help.
                Elaine

Comment

HI All,
                  My apologies my rellie is actually Robert William Wilde Shipwright and/or Carpenter I hhave been chasing a few queries over his name.It looks like at sometime the surname was Weld. Its the transciber error but still have had no replies. Garstonite will be in touch next week.Best Regards and Thanks to All. Ken B

Comment

Working...
                  X