Are these the same people ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these the same people ?

would you say the men in this photo are the ones around the Grave all except the one on the left at the back who is hatless ????

Thanks very much
    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-11, 21:04. Reason: I'm a Dumbo

Hi Val,

The pictures are showing really small so I can't see the men....

Edit:One is showing now I can see the men in uniform

Ness

Comment

hi Vanessa trying to make the other photo bigger but its not working

Comment

cannot resize on photobucket so hope this will work thanks
        Last edited by Guest; 28-01-11, 15:18.

Comment

Hi Val,
          I can see both photo's now with the links....what great photo's! Do you have any ideas of the dates of the photo's as one of the men in the first photo's looks like he may be in the other photo, but he looks older. He’s the man on the end of the back row right hand side (no hat - photo with the hut). And on the photo with the grave he’s the one in the middle facing the camera. The other one that looks similar to me but again older is the other one without the hat (in the hut photo) looks similar to the man facing the camera but on the left. Although maybe not as your post looks like he may not be in it at all. I may be way off the mark though as i'm not very good at this :o

Ness

Comment

hi Vanessa, isn't the group one fantastic ?? they look a right lot dont they ? My Uncle is the Hatless one on the left as you look at it ,Its one of the Photos of his Funeral he died in 1939 and I was hoping those men were his mates in the other photo?
            I have His Gravestone with two names on it as he lied when he joined up ,seems my Nan didn't want him to go, turned out she was right .

Comment

enlarged

Val if you can crop the grave section before you scan, then we should get a clearer image of their faces
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

eh ??? thanks Rachel but how would that work ? you know I'm a Dumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  eh ??? thanks Rachel but how would that work ? you know I'm a Dumbo
                  Oh groan .....

OK~ putting it simply .......
                  It's best to scan in RGB colour even if it's a B/W or Sepia pic.

First ... have you looked at the 'how to scan' info on here ?

If not, then it goes something like this :-

You have your pic on the scanner and you are sitting at the computer, ready to go.

Before you click 'scan' make sure you have your settings set to 300 - 600 resolution and the scale is set to AT LEAST 100%.
                  If it's a very small pic (or area you want to scan) then increase the scale to about 300% ~ or just do it at a res of 600 and see how it comes out.

This is the important bit .... drag a rectangular dotty thing around the area you want to scan, otherwise you'll be scanning the WHOLE pic + scanner lid.

Click scan.

When you upload to Photobucket, make sure you have the Pbucket file size option set to the maximum (1MB) otherwise it'll reduce the file size and the scanning will have been a waste of time.

THE END
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

thanks Rachel will have a go later , but I dont seem to have a resizing option on Photobucket it disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      thanks Rachel will have a go later , but I don't seem to have a resizing option on Photobucket it disappeared.
                      No I can't find it either ! What a muddle:(

Comment

you lost it too ? how strange

Comment

Hmmmmm ~ It looks as if the free account no longer has a size option
                          I found these

Comment

well no wonder I couldnt resize anything ? thought it might have been just me ? wonder what they charge for a membership??? night be worth asking I suppose thanks Rachel.

Comment

Working...
                            X