Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry worse mistrancription yet????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry worse mistrancription yet????????????

I spent ages yesterday trying to find a Thomas Ivy and family in 1851
    Finally found it today mistranscibed with the name of the neighbour
    PHILPOTT

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...rc=&pid=344736

This is what I think has happened to one of my families on 1851. Determined to find them eventually.

Linda

Comment

I'm in the mood to do something else today want to give me the names and details ?

Comment

Naughty naughty enumerator didn't distinguish as should have, the separate households living in the building : and the transcriber is no better !

Comment

As I transcriber Val, I can sympathise with you but also the Transcriber who with all the will in the world is not perfect. I shudder to think what inconvenience my mistakes will cause and hope I can be forgiven.

Comment

I know how easy it is to transcribe rubbish. I once did that off my own handwriting: the info went in through my eyes and out through my hands, but I don't think there was much involvement of my brain, or I'd have noticed that something was wrong!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

shall have to think about it Alan mmmmmmmmmmm yes think your forgiven , I'm just pleased to have found them.

Comment

Working...
              X