Two pics for restoration please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two pics for restoration please

Could someone please improve these two portraits of my ancestors? They were born in 1818 and 1820 respectively, and one of them has a rather splendid moustache. :o

Joy

first one, hope you do not mind i croped it

Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Hi Joy, are you sure you have the right birth yeats for this couple, or the right couple. The photo of the lady was taken post 1901 (photographers to the late Queen). She's looks to be in her 20's so can't of been born in 1820.

As a sidenote i've got lots of photo of my family that were taken by A&G Taylor, all but one or two have Taylor's studio address on the back, if yours do it might help re dating them. There's lots of info here re dates they were at studio addresses here

Jay

Comment

Alan, they look fantastic! Thank you so much.
        Joy

Comment

I see what you mean about the date of the photograph. Many thanks for pointing it out. Firstly, I gave the wrong year of birth for the lady - should be 1833, not 1820, but the year of the birth for the man is correct, 1818. If the photo dates to post 1901, then they are not of the couple I thought. However, the photos were sent to me by someone else, who told me who they were, so I can't verify the identities myself. As I don't have the originals, I can't check the back of the photos either, but they were almost certainly taken in Sheffield. I'll go back to my contact and ask them some searching questions!
          Joy

Comment

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Roy another great restoration i was having trouble with the young lady could not get it right so did not post it.

Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

And a big thank you from me, Roy. She looks fantastic.
                Joy

Comment

Your welcome Joy
                  Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Originally posted by alan 128 View Post
                    Roy another great restoration i was having trouble with the young lady could not get it right so did not post it.

Alan
                    Thanks Alan .... your restore work is great too .............. have sent you a Pm
                    Regards Roy

Comment

my ones

Niksmum

Comment

Working...
                      X