Two entries for birth 18 years apart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two entries for birth 18 years apart.

I am hoping someone might be able to explain this to me. I have been able to include names as I have checked that none are those of living relatives.

I have found a birth Sep Q 1916 Basford District for DORIS I REARDON. The entry is handwritten at the bottom of the page and records MMN as Dickson with a note to see M'34.

Mar Q 1934 also records DORIS I REARDON MMN Dickson. This is the same quarter as Doris married.

I have not come across this before and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.
    Helen in Glos

I think I have solved the problem by myself but if anyone reads this and thinks that I am barking up completely the wrong tree then please let me know.

I have found another entry for Sep Q 1916 for DORIS I DICKSON MMN Dickson in the same district. I think that she was born prior to her mother's marriage to Owen Reardon in Feb 1917, lived with her mother and stepfather and was officially adopted in 1934 so that she could legitmately use the name REARDON when she married.
    Helen in Glos

Comment

That seems like a very likely explanation to me. But I'm no expert on the timeline for the various bits of relevant family law. Might be worth looking in the reference library?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

My cousin has 2 entries and it is the same as you have said. The parents weren't married when she was born and her 2nd entry was just before she married.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

My late cousin had 3 entries, one in his mothers first married name, one later the same year in his soon to be stepfathers name and the third 4 years later after the marriage.
          Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
          Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
          Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X