X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i find her middle names?

Hiya

I have a grand-aunt who is listed in the BMD index as follows:

Gwendoline E M Jones, born JuneQ 1925 in Westbury on Severn. MMN Coopey.

Now I do remember her, and she moved to Louisiana, America. I remember going to visit her in about 1982 and I know she was married by then to a John Brouilette.

Any way I can find more about her, specifically her middle names, without having to order the certificate (money is really tight at the moment :-()

Thanks,
    Rachel

You could try looking for her baptism, which should list all forenames, & names of her parents.
    However, due to the date, I doubt this would be on line and so you would need to find out which church/chapel records in that area have been sent to the local record office. Then, if you live in the area, go and peruse what there is.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There are some Westbury on Severn baptisms on the Forest of Dean FHS website - might be worth a look. You will need to register.
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine ..Spain
        There are some Westbury on Severn baptisms on the Forest of Dean FHS website - might be worth a look. You will need to register.
        I've just searched there, no sign of the baptism although Westbury baptisms up to 1927 are online. Apparently they have been transcribed up to the 1960s, but are not online for reasons of privacy - presumably you would need to register and email them to see if they have the info you're looking for.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Is she still alive?
          If not, maybe there is an obituary online which gives her names.

Comment

Depending on when she went to Louisiana, are the Electoral Rolls for UK or US on line for when she turned 21 ?
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thank you so much for the info, didn't think to look at it that way. I'm gutted she died so recently and i wasn't in contact with her. My mum and her family all passed away when i was a teenager so i didn't even think to keep in touch with people. Hindsight eh?!

Thanks again xx

Comment

If its of any interest she is on an incoming passenger list from New York to Southhampton (only initials again :() as a married woman -Brouilette - aged 24, address Scotts Way, Sunbury on Thames, Occupation, Secretary. Arrival dated 3.5.1949, Ship is the Queen Elizabeth, Cunard White Star

Do you know if they had kids you could contact?

Try Roots.com or ancestrys boards?
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 25-01-11, 15:04.

Comment

Hi heather thats brilliant thank you, i'll follow that up.

I love this forum!

Comment

Working...
                  X