Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where'd she go!?

Heya,

Hubby and I were looking at a line of his tree, and did really really well - one of those families where everyone has a nice easy to spell name, they didn't move in 60 years, etc.... - until we got to a tricky one. Its probably really obvious, but I've been looking at the same thing and now I can't see the wood for the trees! Anyone have any ideas?

(all info c/o TNA)

In 1841, I have the family living at Dolgwen, St Asaph, Flintshire (aka Denbighshire sometimes). The NA ref is HO107 1412 11/4 5

Samuel Vaughan, b 1801
    Mary Vaughan, b 1795 (I believe her maiden name was Roberts)
    John " b 1821
    Samuel " b 1826
    Elizabeth " b 1832
    Maria(h) " b 1834
    Thomas " b 1841

They were all born in county (Flintshire).

I can also find them on the 1851, HO107 2506 312 43, but some of the info is slightly different. Now they are:

Samuel Vaughan, b 1799
    Mary " b 1817 - massively different
    William " b 1829
    Elizabeth " b 1831
    Maria(h) " b 1834
    Thomas " b 1841
    Margaret Roberts, cousin, b 1845

All born St Asaph, Flintshire, except Mary Vaughan and her cousin Margaret Roberts who were born in Henllan, Denbighshire.

After 1851, they vanish. There are some hits for the children, but even they aren't 100%. I think Samuel probably died, as there are several possibles in the BMD indexes, but I can't find a death or re-marriage for Mary so where has she gone!?

The only parish record I've been able to find is the younger Samuel's baptism, in 1827. The rest don't seem to be on familysearch, or weren't baptised, weren't recorded etc.

Anyone have any ideas or luck with this at all. Really grateful for your time and effort.

Many thanks
    Rachel and Garry

Hi
    There are 4 baptisms on the LDS pilot site. 3 give mothers name as Mary Roberts.
    Moggie

Comment

Here they are in 1861
      Piece 4297 Folio 11 Page 16
      Moggie

Comment

Mary, widow in 1871 with son Wiiliam who was noted in all census' as being deaf & dumb.
        Piece 5669 Folio 35 Page 26
        Moggie

Comment

Death for Samuel
          Samuel Vaughan born abt 1795 reg Apr/May/Jun 1867 St Asaph Denbighshire, Flintshire
          Moggie

Comment

Thank you so much, I don't know why I couldn't see them!!

Grateful as always,
            Rachel x

Comment

Working...
            X