This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer help please

I gave my pc a spring clean today, ie took the side off and cleaned out all the dust ! Everything is working better now except the printer. The light is on and the printer is showing as ready and online but it won't print. I tried cancelling the print job but it wouldn't delete it and the only way to get rid of that was to reboot the computer. Any techies here that can help please.
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

you could put the cobwebs back ??;) seriously have you tried taking the USB Cable out turning it off at the mains waiting a while then putting it back ?

Comment

Lol Val, I was disgusted at how much dust was inside but didn't see any cobwebs. Have tried unplugging everything . I can only think that it is something to do with unplugging all the cables when I cleaned it and now it doesn't recognise the printer.

Comment

which printer is it ???

Comment

what about going to your hardware and printers and see if the default is right ??? I had to change mine a while ago as I had installed a new one and it had not recognised it??

Comment

Sorted it. This will make you laugh... I checked all the cables again and realised that there was one USB cable missing and YES it was the printer one, it had fallen down the back of the desk and I hadn't realised that it was missing earlier

Comment

silly billy lol that will teach you not to clean it

Comment

Sometimes even vibration over a long period can cause a cable to come loose. It should be the first thing to check. The second is that you've got the cables plugged in to the right socket - with USB it should not matter, but it does no harm to draw a picture before unplugging everything....

It is said that the term bug meaning a computer programming error arose when a dead insect caused an electrical circuit to fail (current when there should be none or vice versa) in a computer and the program consequently went wrong. This would have been 60+ years ago. They should have cleaned it better!

Comment

Working...
                X