Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trace on Ancestry through a reference number.?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I trace on Ancestry through a reference number.?.

Received a cryptic email saying a might be interested in a census reference. Unable to get hold of her. Can't see a facility for searching through the ref on Ancestry & have tried my obvious family names.

Anything I can do before she gets back to me ? (it's the 1901 census)

My friend has just sent me the information but, out of interest, is there a way to trace through reference numbers ?

Comment

You can but you need to be using the old search method.
      This link should take you to the 1901 census search page - can you see the boxes for the census reference just under the normal search boxes.

It they don't show then give me the reference and I'll post a link for you.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much, Elaine

Comment

Yes - you click on search all records and at the top on the right hand side it mentions old search which you click on.

Then you need to go to the correct census and put the reference in.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks very much, JBee.

I have a friend who is just about to take out a subscription to Ancestry UK after a longish break. As far as she remembers, there used to be 3 levels for just the UK subscription (ie not including Worldwide). She wants to know if she was just hallucinating

That search facility is very useful....here you can also trace a phone number in the directory (unless it's ex directory of course). Very useful if you don't feel like talking to all & sundry ...you can see if you want to talk to them & phone back

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
              As far as she remembers, there used to be 3 levels for just the UK subscription (ie not including Worldwide). She wants to know if she was just hallucinating
              Taking out an Ancestry subscription does tend to bring on hallucinations! Seriously though, they have repackaged their subscriptions over the years.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
                I have a friend who is just about to take out a subscription to Ancestry UK after a longish break. As far as she remembers, there used to be 3 levels for just the UK subscription (ie not including Worldwide). She wants to know if she was just hallucinating
                Not sure about three levels, but definitely only two levels now - Essentials and Premium.
                Don't forget to tell her about the offers available if she wants to get a free 6 month subscription alongside the purchase of Family Tree Maker.
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X