Any big band fans out there ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any big band fans out there ?

I've got a Merrin family from Nottingham & it's always been a family story that they were related to the band leader, Billy Merrin. Lots of Williams in the family, so I'm looking for the right one. I've found out that he was born in Nottingham from a big band website, but I can't find his approx year of birth anywhere. Does anybody know, please ?

Found it.....1900......off to investigate further

Comment

It may be worth checking what online archives are available via your library membership. I have this on mine:
      The John Johnson Collection
      An archive of printed ephemera - programmes, playbills, prospectuses, popular prints, advertising material from 18th, 19th and early 20th century
      It appears to be part of the Bodleian.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X