How to print a image from Ancestry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to print a image from Ancestry ?

I have a marriage cert which is sideways on and would like to either copy it the right way up or print it
    Am having all sorts of problems is there an easy way thanks ?
    Its the one for Charles Burgess

Can you save it to your computer, in my pictures, or whatever image programme you have?
    You should then be able to access it and rotate the image, crop, enhance whatever.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I always save images from ancestry to my computer first then load into some image software and print from there. That way if I want to crop or rotate the image before printing I can.

Linda

Edited to say snap to Janet - you beat me to it
      LindaG

Comment

Thanks ,Its this Vista ,I did save it but its disappeared?? and when I tried again it came out as a Ximage??

Comment

You have to put .jpg on the end of the file name.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Val

I have just clicked on your link and then saved the cert to my computer and by default it is called image.x.jpeg , but you can rename it before you save.

It is just another jpeg so right click on the pic and select rename.Then load it into whatever viewer Vista uses then print from there

I keep on reading that things disappear on your computer , before you save make a note of the name and then use Vistas "Search" if it seems to have disappeared

Ken
            Last edited by kenw55; 20-01-11, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              Thanks ,Its this Vista ,I did save it but its disappeared?? and when I tried again it came out as a Ximage??
              Sorry Val, too techie for me!
              Can you save it to my documents, give it a short snappy name like "last attempt"??
              Then if it disappears, go to start, then search, and type in its file name.

(I know this is long winded, but I'm so useless, I have to devise & try very basic methods, suited to my lack of ICT skills.)

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks all will try again

Comment

well I did it but very long winded as when I saved it and tried to open it said it could not find the programme I had used to save it ?

Comment

I have the same problem. You can't open .x images with anything!! It's not your issue, it's a problem with ancestry compatibility with some web browsers. Which one do you use?
                    Margaret

Comment

I usually print image off - then at least I have a hard copy if the computer crashes.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I was just reading the people complaining about it on the forum Margaret your right they admit there is a problem, I tried both IE and Chrome managed to save it eventually but what a palaver, I do save and print off a hard copy Jbee thanks .

Comment

Did you manage to save it in Chrome? If so can you say how?
                          Margaret

Comment

hi Margaret I honestly dont know tried so many different things ,I will try again and let you know

Comment

Haven't tried it for awhile but - can you send it to yourself and then save the attachment to your computer?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

When you send something from ancestry it only sends the link not an attachment.
                                Margaret

Comment

hi JBee as Margaret says you only get the link I just tried it on Firefox managed to save it but when I went to look at it it said error and the image was blank ?
                                  Got an idea after reading the forum its to do with your internet security ??? I remember having to change it on my Laptops , just going to try that .

Comment

right been fiddling when I use IE and click on the image with the right side of the mouse the only option I get is Properties ????? which when you open says the size of it ?? there is no way to save it ??
                                    I have amended my Internet options to put Ancestry in the trusted site but it still wont save.
                                    Am now going to try Chrome .

Comment

Oh the joy of using Windows ( or not )
                                      I right clicked the image in Ancestry and selected Save AS . Have just saved the image again twice , once as image.x.jpeg and once renamed before saving as marriage.jpeg . Both are exactly the same and view the same. They are just jpeg's

I am using Firefox 3.6.13 running on Mint Linux which is a variation of Ubuntu Linux

If you can not save using Windows then somebody in Ancestry needs stringing up ( possibly using the noose that the boy has ).

I do not run Kaspersky or any of the Windows Anti Virus programs.

Ken

Comment

I dont get that option in IE Ken ??? all I get is properties ????? Did get it in Chrome but it was a blank image ?? will try Firefox too , thanks will be back

Comment

Working...
                                        X