Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very odd..... help needed with birth details

Hi foks...help needed.
    Tring to trace the birth details of .. name removed of living person .. knowing he was born 7/01/87, location unknown, parents unknown.
    Checking in Ancestry and up comes what appears a perfect match for 1976 Islington, even found the original record.. but it def. can't be him.
    Looked for him plus minus 5 years around 1987 and still nothing. Went to look for the original record and it only goes to 1983 in Ancestry.....odd.
    Can anyone help with this one please as hair coming out in clumps arrrrrrrrrr lol.
    Tony
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 21-01-11, 14:34. Reason: named removed of living person

Is this person still living ? , if so this should really be done by PM as this is recent family history.

Comment

Hi Tony,
      How did you get 07/01/87 as his birth date?
      Can only find one Sam with that surname born between 1985 and 1990 but with a different middle name
      Lauren =)

Comment

Thanks Chris and Lauren.
        Yes this person is still living and I appriciate what you are saying Chris.
        His birthdate has been given to me by a family member that is doing some family history and seems a little puzzled so I though I might be able to help....nothing more than that
        Any thoughts on Ancestry originals only going to 1983...
        Thanks
        Tony

Comment

Sorry Tony. Have only just noticed your post. If you read our Ts and Cs you will see that we do not allow members to post details of living persons. I have therefore removed the name from the first post.
          If anyone thinks they may be able to help perhaps they could contact Tony by PM (personal message).
          Elaine

Comment

have you tried looking for him on facebook?
            Angelina

Comment

I don't think there are images available for births from 1987 on Ancestry, but certainly the details should be there. I have just looked up the England & Wales birth index for 2 births in 1997 & 1999 and both give the mother's maiden name although the images aren't available to view.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for though.
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

The Ancestry BMD images stop at 1983 because from 1984 onwards the records are computerised so the index is in effect a database record.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks to all for helping including Uncle Johns advice..its appreciated and sorry breaking the rules as it wasn't intended and I now understand.

Angelina: good idea and thanks

LangleyValeSue & Uncle John: well I have learnt something new about the images which I didnt realise.
                  I will make some further inquires about this person as I am sure I just havn't asked the right questions with the family.
                  Thanks again
                  Tony
                  Last edited by tglyn; 23-01-11, 12:11.

Comment

Working...
                  X