Family Tree Maker for Mac....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker for Mac....

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro, since my old PC was dying. I waited until I knew that Family Tree maker for mac was released ( November last yr ). I purchased FTM for mac, but was unsure whether the files would transfer across properly. It was easy peasy!!. with almost 6000 people in my tree, with stacks of media, all went smoothly. But Be warned....You must have a mac that is 10.5 or later..another words brand new. It will not work on older macs. BTW I did it wirelessly, by setting up shared folders on each machine...in all it took about 20 minutes.
    So for all those worried that it may not work...rest assured it does!

Jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

thanks for that Jacqueline, I have inherited my sons macbook, which althoug ha couple of years old, he assures me is running 10.5 or later, also have just purchased the FTM mac version but up til now have put off "transfer day", so hopefully it will be a smooth transition.
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Good luck with it!
      Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

just to let you know that I did the dreaded transfer yesterday backed up before onto external hard drive, usb pen, and burned to a disc just in case (well u can never be too sure can you!!). All went amazingly well, although not too sure if i like the new version of FTM, but in terms of file transfer was easy.
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
          just to let you know that I did the dreaded transfer yesterday backed up before onto external hard drive, usb pen, and burned to a disc just in case (well u can never be too sure can you!!). All went amazingly well, although not too sure if i like the new version of FTM, but in terms of file transfer was easy.
          Great News that you inherited a macbook. I am sure you will get used to OSX and FTM for mac. As Jacqueline says Enjoy
          Sue ;)

Comment

Working...
          X