Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do you

Hi
    Never had to order a military mc before can these be ordered at the GRO? I have the page number, year of marriage and the place Potchefetroom which I've just discovered is SAfrica.
    Not ordered a cert for a while now does the GRO no longer have a checking point as could not see one when I ordered a cert today?
    GWEN

You can order the certificate from the GRO. On the first page it will give you the option to choose Overseas certificate.
    They removed the checking point option when they upped the price to 9.25 pounds.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine shame about the cheking point as I not sure if the details I found is the right one it would have helped to have had that. Thanks again
      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 19-01-11, 18:07.
      GWEN

Comment

is the page number classed as the reference?
        GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
          ... not sure if the details I found is the right one it would have helped to have had that.
          Do you want to give some details to see if anyone could help?
          Is it a county which has a UKBMD site - you can sometimes glean a little bit of extra information from those.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
            is the page number classed as the reference?
            If you are talking about the overseas certificate then yes. As it´s a slightly different format to the England/Wales certificates, I just try to put the reference in as best as I can!!
            Elaine

Comment

I've been looking for a marriage for this person for years all I know is that his wife was called Mary he was in the Army. I recently looked again and found his probate which stated his wife name as Mary Jane. I know they were in south africa as I have a photo of him with his wife taken there. I just found a record for him in the overseas marriages, John Wyatt, Huckerby, Potchefetroom, page 257, 1913. Thats all it reads so I will have to take a chance.
              GWEN

Comment

Working...
              X