1871 Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 Help?

I have a John Sanderson bn c 1868 in Haverton Hill Co Durham, In 1881 he is with his Grandparents in Billingham Co Durham, Could somebody find him in 1871 and give me the Household members? I suspect he could have been born out of wedlock so to speak?
    so hopefully his mother could be with him in 1871

He's with his Grandparents! No Mother! Just sons William 23 years and Christopher 11 years.

Class: RG10; Piece: 4899; Page: 37; GSU roll: 848008.

Last edited by WendyPusey; 18-01-11, 19:45.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

On the Family Record Search site there are images of Durham Bishops Transcripts for 1866-1872.
      They are not indexed so you have to scroll through the images.

On 11th July 1869 there is a baptism for John, son of Elizabeth Sanderson, Haverton Hill - singlewoman.
      There is a note in the margin that it was a private baptism.

Obviously no proof it's the right one, but might help you narrow things down a bit.
      Elaine

Comment

Thank You Wendy And Elaine I forgot about the Bishops Transcripts,? I suspected that Elizabeth could have been his mother as she married in 1871 but must have decided to leave John with his grandparents Once again Many thanks

Comment

On FmP there are two John Sandersons in Durham, and quite a lot from the Durham area - as I don't know that part of the world I can't tell which would be near to Haverton Hill. The two in Durham live with both parents and other siblings. Let me know if you want the details.
          Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Working...
          X