Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickens Family

Hello all

I have a photograph of my mum and me with Annie Dickens (relation of Charles), taken in Hereford in 1982, when I was 16.

Until recently I could not find out any information.

But through help of others, I have discovered that Annie Elizabeth Dickens died in Hereford in 1998, aged 101.

I also know now that my grandads mum was Edith Kate Dickens, though I cannot find any information about here.

So now I am a bit stuck and would like to know the relationship between Annie Elizabeth Dickens and Edith Kate Dickens.

I have emailed the Hereford Times twice - but have not had a reply as of yet.

I have also sent of for birth and marriage certificates of those I know so far.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome to Family Tree Forum,

I see that Annie was born on the 29th April 1897, do you know her maiden name at all? or was Dickens her maiden name?

was Annie your grandmother?

I must say though that it is our site policy not to post details of living people, but if you need any help then just ask
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-11, 13:54.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

the only likelyhood I can find is
      Edith Kate Dickens b dec qtr 1893 St Neots , 3b 302
      Annie Dickens b dec qtr 1897 St Neots 3b 299
      I have found 4 Annie Elizabeth Dickens births in 1890`s but none that match 1897 birth (she died 1998 aged 101)
      but the Annie named above matches the year and Edith is born in the same Register office....could they be sisters
      allan:(
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Could she be married to one of your Grandfather's brothers or uncles?

..or..

If Dickens is your great gran's maiden name, could she married to one of her brothers?

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I see that Annie was born on the 29th April 1897, do you know her maiden name at all? or was Dickens her maiden name?

I must say though that it is our site policy not to post details of living people, but if you need any help then just ask
          Hello, and thank you for the welcome.
          I am unsure if Annie married or if Dickens was her maiden name.
          Annie was not my grandmother - but Edith Kate Dickens was apparantly my grandfather's (Frank Ken Bliss) mother - if that helps

Comment

Julie...do you think that Annie born 29th April 1897 might be the one registered on freebmd as Annie Priscilla Dickens b june qtr 1897 ??
            there are only 2 Annie Dickens born 1897...the one I have previously stated born dec qtr St Neots and Annie Priscilla Dickens b june qtr 1897 W Bromwich b 845
            ? allan
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
              the only likelyhood I can find is
              Edith Kate Dickens b dec qtr 1893 St Neots , 3b 302
              Annie Dickens b dec qtr 1897 St Neots 3b 299
              I have found 4 Annie Elizabeth Dickens births in 1890`s but none that match 1897 birth (she died 1998 aged 101)
              but the Annie named above matches the year and Edith is born in the same Register office....could they be sisters
              allan:(
              Hello Allan
              I was informed that Annie died in 1998, aged 101 - this may be out if my informant is incorrect.
              It would be great if they were sisters.
              It has not been an easy search - but then being a novice, I have not been very good in my research :(

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Tom View Post
                Could she be married to one of your Grandfather's brothers or uncles?

..or..

If Dickens is your great gran's maiden name, could she married to one of her brothers?
                This I am not sure of.
                Sorry for lack of info

Comment

ahh I see has Frank Passed over?? was it in 1983?
                  Julie

Comment

William Dickens b 1895 St Neots ...same as Edith Kate Dickens (St Neot )
                    William H Dickens marries Annie E Killpack june qtr 1918 Hinckley 7a 103 ....so it may well be that Julie was right when she said did Annie Elizabeth marry one of Edith Kate Dickens brothers..
                    but...was William H Dickens the brother of Edith Kate Dickens- and is Annie E Killpack Annie Elizabeth Killpack...could be Ellen /Ethel/ Enid etc.....
                    a second check needed ...or am I clutching at straws here....allan

Comment

while we are waiting for the certificates to arrive, could you say which ones you have ordered please :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

right, from Ancestrys LMA records..

Frank BLISS marries Edith Kate DICKENS 21st may 1899 in the parish church of Willesden, Middlesex.
                        Frank was 21 and a painter, his father was Matthew BLISS painter.
                        Edith was 19 and no occupation given, her father was John DICKENS a Labourer.

they were noted as Batchelor and Spinster and at the time of marriage their residence was 46, Brownlow Road.

witness' names are given as W. I. Eisen and A. Makepeace
                        Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-11, 15:21.
                        Julie

Comment

so is looking likely that your grandfather was named after his father :smilee:

P.S.

I have saved the image of this marriage should you want a copy.
                          Julie

Comment

I am cooking dinner at the moment but I will carry on afterwards :smilee:
                            Julie

Comment

I am cooking dinner at the moment but I will carry on afterwards :smilee:
                              Thank you for all of that info

I have just returned from shopping - so was not ignoring you all

I have just phoned my Aunt - to check up on some dates, and she is also sending
                              me some sort of document (don't know what it is, as she is unsure herself).

The certificates I have sent off for are my grandads and mums birth and the marriage of my grandparents and great grandparents

Sorry for my lack of knowledge - but I am still learning

Comment

I keep trying to post the photograph I first mentioned - but it does not seem to work

here it is:

Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-11, 20:58. Reason: adding photo for Dawn

Comment

no problems goody.. we all learn somewhere, :smilee: I will send you a PM (private message) and give you my email addy if you want to send me the picture and I will put it on here for you, we tend to use Photobucket to host the pictures and then post the url onsite (this then saves space on our server)

did the details that I posted seem right re the Frank/Edith marriage?
                                  Julie

Comment

no problems goody.. we all learn somewhere, :smilee: I will send you a PM (private message) and give you my email addy if you want to send me the picture and I will put it on here for you, we tend to use Photobucket to host the pictures and then post the url onsite (this then saves space on our server)

did the details that I posted seem right re the Frank/Edith marriage?
                                    Hello again
                                    Yes you were correct regarding Edith and Frank
                                    I will send you the photograph

Comment

you should have mail.. and I have added your pic on post #16
                                      Julie

Comment

I cant seem to find Edith K Bliss on the 1901 census, with Husband Frank.. though they should be there I cant see them, maybe Ancestry has them mangled?
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X