Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 1500 Another installation is in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1500 Another installation is in progress?

Can anybody help on this ? I cannot use my pc as it has no anti virus installed as no matter what I try I keep getting this error message ?
    Have been googling for weeks and it seems to be a common problem but cannot find anybody with a solution

Please Help

or maybe somebody can take over my PC remotely??? and fix it

Hello Val,

A Happy New Year almost time to wish you a happy easter the eggs are in the shops!

Have you tried this link?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hello Margaret good to see you , Happy New Year to you too, the Easter eggs have been out ages already.
      I am quite surprised at how many people have this error and nobody seems to know an easy way to get rid of it ????

Comment

well downloaded and ran it said it found 115 errors but when you click on to fix them it takes you to a page to register and buy it ??

Comment

Hello Val,

There are a lot of thoses pages about now what a pity and there is guarantee that it is going to work.
          I noticed it when I tried to upgrade C-Cleaner but am not too worried incase I wipe the disk clean in error or something awful.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Have you looked at Advanced System Care - I have it installed on two computers - it's free and has a lot of clean up tools.
            I have also installed Vipre Antivirus- there is a cost to that but it seem far superior to some of the others, doesn't cost as much as some others and doesn't hang up the system either - I think you can get a 30 day trial of it as well.
            There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

hi Marion and thanks I have ccleaner installed is that the same ??? I cannot install any anti virus on it as it keeps telling me windows is already installing another programme ??? so I cant even use it .
              Margaret do a backup first on ccleaner if your worried ?

Comment

No Val - not the same one - http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html It can do all sorts of things besides cleaning and checking - I must admit I have been very impressed with it. If your computer isn't letting you put an antivirus system on there have you considered that you might have a virus on there which is controlling it? Have you tried Malwarebytes - that usually finds most things if they are well entrenched.
                Marion

Comment

thanks again , its not a virus it seems to be a common problem with no proper solution ,have googled it . Did have Kaspersky on it and I did a system restore which messed it up, now it wont re-install it .
                  Even Kaspersky cannot help , and I paid for it on 3 pcs for 3 years ??? so shant be renewing it when it runs out , I'm very disappointed in them.

Comment

Have just found this -
                    from http://askville.amazon.com/Error-150...uestId=4009625
                    Okay, this is caused by a problem with a previous installation

It may or may not be easy to resolve. You've already tried the first solution which is simply to reboot. It may be necessary to run the Registry Editor to delete a key which is causing the problem. But the next easiest step would be to go to this site and click on Check for Microsoft Updates over on the right:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx

Running any updates it finds, reboot and try again to see if the problem is solved. If not, then click on Start->Run and type "regedit" without the quotes. Be very careful in here. You're going to be looking for the following key:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Inst aller\InProgress

So, click on the little plus sign to next to HKEY_Local_Machine, then on the plus sign next to Software.. and so on for all the keys there until you reach the InProgress key. If it's there, select it with your mouse and click the Delete button on your keyboard. Be sure not to make any other changes. Reboot, and see if the problem is fixed.

There are other possible solutions, but if the above doesn't work, the best course of action would be to try to uninstall Word and Office, reboot and then try to reinstall it. That can be a pain and not a first step, but it could solve things for you.

Try the above and good luck!!
                    Sources: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx

Hope this might help Val if you haven't already tried this!

Comment

thanks again Marion will try that and let you know how I get on .

Comment

Marion I did find two window installer processes open managed to disable them and install Kaspersky and do the windows updates , so thanks very much for your help, question now is how to I permanently delete one of them ????
                        Or will it not affect future updates ???? thanks again I'm very grateful

Comment

Val, glad you manage to sort some of the problem - did you do it via the link or did you go into regedit? If you have shut the computer down and everything is still working I wouldn't think you need to do anything else. If anything happens on a future update that causes a problem then come back to the original link and start again. If you didn't go into the regedit this time then that maybe something you may have to do.
                          Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hi I went into Task manager, Processes and show Processes for other users and there they were two of them running ? I had looked in Processes lots of times but hadn't realised there was also another one for other users ?
                            Have kept the info and printed it off just in case!!!
                            When you said if it does not work then uninstall Word and Office can you tell me why ??? is that where the problem would lie ?? thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by MarionH View Post
                              Have just found this -
                              from http://askville.amazon.com/Error-150...uestId=4009625
                              There are other possible solutions, but if the above doesn't work, the best course of action would be to try to uninstall Word and Office, reboot and then try to reinstall it. That can be a pain and not a first step, but it could solve things for you.

Try the above and good luck!!
                              Sources: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx
                              Val - that piece came from the link I found - all I did was to copy the actual link and then everything that had been posted in the link - it is possible the original question from the person concerned mentioned Word - I should ignore that piece if I were you. If all is working OK now then just leave everything - it looks as though you have managed to sort it.

Comment

thanks again Marion I wonder why so many people are asking how to fix it ? and nobody seems to know how

Comment

That's OK Val - that was the only link I came across that seemed to have any relation to the problem - hopefully others will find it as well!

Comment

Working...
                                  X