On the subject of Postons!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of Postons!!!!

This lady is driving me nuts!!! she is the sister of my many times great grandmother

Born Sarah Poston in 1828 in St Martins in the field in Middlesex her Parents are Samuel Poston and Sarah Gooding.

She marries a Henry Poulter on 15th October 1848 in Lambeth her father Samuel listed as deceased. His father is Joseph a shoemaker.

I cannot find either Sarah or Henry Poulter on the 1851.

She then marries a Henry Hall on 6th October 1855 listed as a widow, so the first henry could have died before the 1851 I suppose. But there is no trace of her at all.
    KAREN xx

Freebmd shows a possible death in 1850 for Henry

Comment

Thanks alot Carole, will follow that up
      KAREN xx

Comment

Ive looked too Karen and I cant see anything plausable for Sarah in the 51, so maybe ancestry has mangled them?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

This may be the one Carole mentioned, it seems to be the only one around that time:

Name: Henry Poulter
          Year of Registration: 1850
          Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
          District: Westminster St Margaret
          County: Middlesex
          Volume: 1
          Page: 350
          Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

Yes that was my thinking, have tried all various spellings involving *** but nothing has come up! Oh well never mind, I would just like to know where they are if you know what I mean! Have stopped going backwards in the tree and am trying to find out more on the people I have.

Thanks for the death record, I think that must be him!!
            KAREN xx

Comment

Karen,

if you order that cert it might give you a home address?? then you might have something to possibly find Sarah with? as a point does she give an address on her next marriage? or havent you found that yet?
              Julie

Comment

hmmn I see from her second marriage that she gives her address as 3 tun court? same as Henry...poop
                Julie

Comment

have you tried ponston or powton? my 3rd great grandmother was jane powton, but written poughton on my 2nd great grandmothers birth. i could find half of her family in parish records as powton, and the other half including jane were missing. they were found as poulton! to make it worse, her father was under ponston in the parish records for his ch., though his sister and parents were recorded as powton in the same registers!

Comment

Working...
                  X